2008: Ph.D in Kiswahili Literature, Kenyatta University
1994: M.A in Kiswahili Literature, Kenyatta University
1989: Bachelor of Education (Arts), Kenyatta University
1984: Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (K.A.C.E), Sengera Girls High School
1982: Kenya Certificate of Education (K.C.E), Goibei Girls High School
1978: Certificate of Primary Education (C.P.E), Vohovole Primary School
Participation in Local and International Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- 2011: The International Conference on “Kiswahili na Maendeleo ya Jamii” organized by Chama cha Kiswahili cha Africa Mashariki (CHAKAMA) held between 12th – 16th October 2011 at Bontana Hotel, Nakuru.
- 2011: Training workshop on e-learning Pedagogy organized by Centre for Institutional Based Programme at Kenyatta University Conference Centre on 15th and 16th September 2011.
- 2011: Seminar for Staff Mentors organized by the Directorate of Mentoring Programme of Kenyatta University held on 6th September 2011.
- 2011: The International Conference organized by the Chama cha Kiswahili cha Taifa (CHAKITA), entitled “Ufundishaji wa Kiswahili katika Viwango Mbalimbali”, held at Lenana House Conference Centre, Nairobi between 10th and 12th August 2011.
- 2011: The Kenyatta University Post Graduate Seminar entitled ‘The Role of Research of Universities as Trailblazers of National Development’, organized by the Graduate School held on 25th November 2011, at the Kenyatta University Business Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2010:The International Conference, ‘Kiswahili Tafsiri na Ukalimali’, Organised by Chama cha Kiswahili cha Taifa (CHAKITA) held between 11th – 14th August 2010 at Pwani University Campus, Mombasa, Kenya.
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- “Riwaya za Kiswahili na Swala la Jinsia: Mfano wa Riwaya za Said Ahmed Mohamed na Euphrase Kezilahabi”, a Paper presented during the Chama cha Kiswahili cha Afrika Mashariki (CHAKAMA), International Conference held between 12th – 16th October 2011 at Bontana Hotel, Nakuru.
- “Changamoto za Ufundishaji wa Lugha ya Kiswahili katika Shule za Msingi Nchini Kenya”, a Paper presented during the Chama cha Kiswahili cha Taifa (CHAKITA) International Conference held between 10th and 12th August 2011 at Lenana House Conference Centre, Nairobi.
- “Changamoto za Ufundishaji wa Kiswahili katika Shule za Upili”, a Paper presented during the Chama cha Kiswahili cha Taifa (CHAKITA) International Conference held between 10th and 16th August 2011 at Lenana House Conference Centre, Nairobi
- “Ufundishaji wa Taaluma ya Tafsiri katika Vyuo Vikuu Nchini Kenya”, a Paper presented during the Chama cha Kiswahili cha Taifa (CHAKTA), International Conference held between 11th – 13th August 2010 at Pwani Campus, Mombasa, Nairobi.
- “Nafasi ya Kiswahili katika Tafsiri na Ukalimali”, a paper presented during the CHAKIKE (Chama cha Wanafunzi wa Kiswahili wa Kenyatta) held at AVU hall Kenyatta University, Kenya on 3rd March 2010.
Published Articles in Refereed Journals
- Miriam Osore (2011): “Reconstructing Reality in the Kiswahili Novel: The Role of Dreams in Euphrase Kezilahabi and Said Ahmed Mohamed’s Novels”, was published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Vol. 1 No. 9, Publisher, Centre for Promoting Ideas U.S.A pp 48 – 60 ISSN 2220 – 8488 (print) ISSN 221-0989 (Online).
- Miriam Osore (2011): “The Subversive Cartoon Text: the Deconstruction of Political Ineptitude and Expedience in Kenyan Print Media”, was published in Journal of Education and Social Sciences, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp 64 – 75, ISSN 2223 – 490X.
- Miriam Osore (2012): “Defamiliarization and Religious Ideology in the Novels of Kezilahabi and Mohamed”, a paper submitted to Journal of Education and Social Sciences, Vol. 2 No. 1 (Has been accepted).
- Miriam Osore (2012): “Magical Transformations and the Subjugation of Nature in Said Ahmed Mohamed’s Babu Alipofufuka”, a paper submitted to Research in African Literature Journal. (Forthcoming).
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Miriam Osore & Pamela Ngugi (2005): “The Contribution of the Germans to the Spread and Development of Kiswahili Language and Literature” Paper published in Across Boarders: Benefiting from Cultural Differences (2005) edited by Bett R., Etzolds; & Mullerm. E., Nairobi, DAAD, pp 289-299.
- Miriam Osore & Pamela Ngugi (2005): “The Contribution of Persian Language to Kiswahili Phonology and Lexicon” in Historical Role of Persians (Shirazis) in the East African Coast (2001), published by Cultural Council of the Embassy of I. R. Iran, Nairobi, pp 101-118. ISBN 9966-9718-0-7.