Dr. Richard Makhanu Wafula
Non Reviewed Conference Papers
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu.(2014). 11-13 December 2014: “Itikadi na Ufundishaji wa Nadharia za Uhakiki wa Fasihi” . Pwani University
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu; Mue Elizabeth (2012). 29th – 2nd October 2012: “Matumizi ya Mkabala wa Kimarxi Katika Fasihi ya Kiswahili”, Blue Pearl Hotel, Dar es Salaam
Other Books By Reputable Publishers.
- Wafula Richard Makhanu (Translated 2011). Another Continent originally written as Bara Jingine by Kithaka Mberia. Nairobi: Marimba.
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (Translated 2009). Antigoni originally written as Antigone by Sophocles. Nairobi: Longman
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (2010). “The Mutations of Caliban” Encyclopedia of African Thought (ed. Abiola Irele & Biodun Jeyifo) New York: Oxford University Press.
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (2004).“ Oratory: Political Oratory and its Use of Traditional Verbal Art” African Folklore: An Encyclopedia ( ed. Philip Peek & Kwesi Nyankah). New York: Routledge, 2004.
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (2004)“ Moraa- Kenyan Visionary Healer” & “ Mugo Cege wa Kibiro- Kikuyu Prophet, Holy People of the World: A Cross- Cultural Encyclopedia. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, 2004.
Editorship Of Books
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (2016) “Utangulizi” Fani ya Ushairi by Timothy Arege. Nairobi: Oxford University Press.
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (2010, lexicographer) Kamusi Angaza (Ahmed Ndalu). Nairobi: East African Education Publishers.
- Kitula Kinge’i; Wafula, Richard Makhanu (1996). Pendo la Heba na Hadithi Nyingine Nairobi: Writers’ Association of Kenya.
Scholarly Presentations At Conferences/ Workshops/Seminars
- February, 11-13, 2015: “Lugha za Kigeni na Nadharia za Uhakiki wa Fasihi”. International Conference of Foreign Languages & Literatures, BSSC, Kenyatta University
- 6-8 August 2014: “ Matumizi ya Mikakati ya Kienyeji kuchanganua Fasihi ya Kiswahili”,International Conference on African Languages and Literatures, Kenyatta University Students’ Business Centre
- 11-13 December 2014: “Maongezi Katika Riwaya ya Kiswahili”, Mombasa, Pwani University .
- 19-25 August 2013: “Athari za Shabaan Robert kwa Waandishi wa Baadaye”. Kongamano la Kumuenzi Shabaan Robert Baada ya Miaka 50, Bukoba Tanzania.
- 23th-24th august 2012. “Semina za Kiswahili za Chakita.
- 29th September 2010 – 2nd October 2010: Presented paper titled: “Scholarly Research and Publishing Houses”under conference theme: Academic Publishing and Reading Needs in East Africa. Top Tower Hotel, Kigali: Rwanda.
- 4th- 11th July 2007: Translator and Interpreter: World YWCA Council Conference under theme: “ Changing Lives: Changing Communities held at Jomo Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
- 15th, July 2016- Facilitator, “Warsha ya Waalimu wa Kiswahili ya Shule ya
- Wavulana ya Masii, Wilaya ya Mwala, Kaunti ya Machakos
- 7th June 2016-“ Facilitator Warsha ya waalimu wa Kiswahili Katika shule za wilaya ya Marani, Kaunti ya Kisii”
- 28th- 14th November, 2014, “Course on Teaching Methodology”, BSSC, Kenyatta University
- 8th- 9th 2012 May. “Methodological workshop on Higher Educational Leadership in Africa”. Under the auspices of Codesria.
Book Review In Refereed Journal
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (2010). “An Emic Reading of Drums of Death by Chris Lukorito Wanjala” Kenya studies Review Volume 1 Number 2 December 2010
- 25th May 2008, “ Analysing Leadership Poetically”, Sunday Nation.
- 3rd January 1997, “ In Support of Kiswahili” Weekly Review.
- 16th April 1994, “ Adventure Stories Put into Kiswahili” Weekly Review
- 27th August 1993, “ Black Expressive Culture” Weekly Review
- 30th July 1993, “ Understanding Swahili Poetry” Weekly Review
- May 1993, “An Improved Swahili Journal”, Weekly Review.