Dr. Richard Makhanu Wafula
Title/Qualifications: Senior Lecturer. (Ph.D–comparative Literature & Minors in Folklore and African Studies – Indiana University, Bloomington- 2003)
Position: Senior Lecturer and Dean School of Humanities & Social Sciences
I am Dr. Richard M. Wafula, the Dean, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Kenyatta University. As the Dean of the School, I strive to lead the School administratively to realize operational excellence in all its activities through the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing the performance of the staff in School;
- Coordinating the departmental activities as per the University policy;
- In charge of Examinations processing in the School;
- Monitoring the performance of the various Committees in the School;
- Liaising with the University Management on matters pertaining to the development of the School and Kenyatta University in general;
- Ensuring that all the programmes offered by the School are taught;
- Offering guidance in curriculum review and development;
- Advising staff and students on University policies and procedures;
- Giving advice on staff recruitment and promotion;
- Handling official correspondence from the departments and Administration as well as from external sources and links;
- Ensuring good custody of the Resources at School level;
- Handling admission applications for undergraduates;
- Processing admission application for postgraduate students;
- Attending meetings and carrying out any other tasks assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
Refereed Journal Papers
- With Chris L. Wanjala “Narrative Techniques in Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart”, Journal of Social Science 50 ( 1-3) : 62-69- (2017), London: Routledge/Taylor & Francis Online
- With Lukorito Wanjala “Lacanian Psychoanalysis and Reading Athol Fugard’s The Blood Knot”, Journal of Social Science 49 (1,2): 175-182- (2016), New Delhi: Kamla Raj.
- With J.N. Maitaria. “Academic Publishing in Eastern Africa: Prospects and Challenges”, Kumekucha, vol. 1, issue1, 2015. Nairobi : Catholic University of East Africa
- “Nadharia za Uhakiki wa Fasihi kama Mchakato wa Kutaalamisha Usomaji wa Fasihi”, Journal of Linguistics and Language in Education, Vol. 8, Number 1, (2014: 39-48) Dar es Salaam: Department of Foreign Languages.
- With J.N. Maitaria, “Ushairi wa Kiswahili na Uwasilishaji wa Harakati za Kukabiliana na Matatizo Yaliyopo Katika Mataifa Huru ya Afrika”, Kiswahili 78, issue 1 (2014: 69-84). Dar es Salaam: Institute of Kiswahili Studies.
- “ Uchambuzi wa Amezidi” Makala ya Semina ya Kiswahili ya Kitaifa Nairobi: Kenya Kiswahili Association, 1997
- .“ Uainisho wa Methali” Forum: Journal of the Writers’ Association of Kenya. Nairobi: Writers’ Association of Kenya, 1993.
University Level Books
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (2014). Allegory to Allegorization: The Development of Shaaban Robert’s Prose. Saarbrucken: Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu; Kaui Musyoka(2008) Mwongozo wa Utengano. Nairobi: Njigua Books.
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu; Kimani Njogu ( 2007) Nadharia za Uhakiki wa Fasihi. Nairobi: Jomo Kenyatta Foundation.
- Wafula, Richard Makhanu (1999). Uhakiki wa Tamthilia: Historia na Maendeleo Yake. Nairobi: Jomo Kenyatta Foundation.