Dr. Peter Mahende Sinda
- The previous studies of soil cover in Kenya for agricultural utilization, October 1972
- The role of relief as an important natural factor for growing the most diverse crops in eastern Africa (reference to Kenya) November 1973
- The present – day state and prospects of vegetative cover conservation in Kenya in scientific problems of environmental conservation (materials of the conference) Moscow University Press 1974
- Landform units of South Western Marsabit District in IPAL Technical report number C 1981.
- Resources in low potential areas: an evaluation in Kenya, presented to the International Workshop on strategies for developing the resources of the arid and semi-arid areas of Kenya, August 1981 at KICC
- Paper on Promotion of teaching Geography using major African languages in Education” 1989. Presented at the UNESCO Regional conference held at BREDA, DAKAR Senegal, 1989.
- Paper on Land-use zoning to mitigate against landslide damage”, presented at the commonwealth Geographical Bureau Workshop on Applied Geomorphology, held in Nairobi 1992.
- Population settlement and the environment within Zimmerman, Githurai and Kamiti Estates of Nairobi City (1975 – 1995): a study of the effects of rural-urban migration on Nairobi city life, 1987
- September 2002: “Traditional water management systems in Kuria District, Western Kenya”: Presented to the international conference on sustainable management of the headward resources at USIU- Nairobi
- Natural resource concervation and integrated watershed management in the Lake Victoria Basin: a case study of the Kuria community; Kenya: Hydrology in water cooperation and security for sustainable economic development (HSK), 2014
Current Research Interests:
- UNEP – MAP Integrated Project in Arid Lands (IPAL) in northern Kenya with soil survey, Geologic-Geomorphological mapping, landform evaluation
- Study of landscapes and associated soil resources in Macalder Lolgrian Zone (S. W Kenya) with a view to agricultural utilization; reference to Kuria district.
- Landscape ecology – an assessment within the marginal areas of Kenya working paper I and II
- Land degradation characteristics through modern and traditional/cultural farming systems in Kuria district, south western Kenya.
- Environmental appraisal, change analysis, economic valuation and eco-restoration of riverine wetlands in the eastern highlands of Lake Victoria basin, Kenya.
- Natural resources and their conservation within national reserves and parks in Kenya.
- Human impact on urban land surface degradation: a case study within Kahawa environment
- Land degradation characteristics through modern traditional and cultural farming systems in Kuria district, south western Kenya.
- Bio-diversity conservation within lolgorian and Kuria East sub-counties of Narok/Migori counties, Lake Victoria and Rift valley basins, Kenya.