Prof. Leonard Musyoka Kisovi
Department : Geography
Contact Address:Kenyatta University ,P.O. Box 43844 NAIROBI
Telephone: 810901 Ext. 57310 (Office) NAIROBI
Mobile Phone: 0722-679-571
Area of Specialization: Population Geography
- Kisovi L. M., Munish P.K.T, Olila D and Kabasa J.D. (2008) – ‘Indigenous Knowledge on the Wild Mushrooms of the Lake Victoria Basin Wetlands for Food and Medicinal Applications’. International Journal of Humanities, Vol. 5 (2008) pp 112 – 122.
- Kisovi, L.M. and M. O. J. Omollo (2008). ‘Tapping into Peoples’ Attitude Change for Sustainable Residential Waste Management in Mombasa Municipality’. Chemchemi International Journal of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol. 5, No.1 (2008), pp. 124 – 135.
- Kabasa J. D., Olila D, Munishi, PKT., Kisovi, L. M. (2007). ‘Observations on Nutritive and Nutriceutical Potential of Termitomyces microcarpus Mushrooms (Bubala / Bwisonkere) from the Lake Victoria Basin’. African Health Journal, Vol. 1, July 2007, pp. 113 – 119.
- Munishi, P.K.; Andrew S.M; Olila D; Kabasa J.D. and Kisovi, L. (2007) – ‘Preliminary Observations on the Species Composition and Distribution of Indigenous Wild Mushrooms in the Lake Victoria Wetland’. Tanzania Journal of Forestry and Nature Conservation Vol.77 no 2 (2007). March 2007. pp. 81-87.
- Kisovi L.M. (2006) - “Population Pressure and Environmental Degradation in Kitui District, Kenya: Challenges and Opportunities”. Chemchemi International Journal of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol. 3, No.1 (2006), pp. 28-37.
- Kisovi L.M. (1993) ‘Population Pressure and Human Carrying Capacity in Kitui District, Kenya’. Eastern and Southern African Journal, Vol. 4, No. 1 pp. 27- 37 1993.
- Kisovi L.M. (1993) ‘Changing Land-Use Policy and Population Problems in Kitui District, Kenya’ Journal of East African Research and Development vol. 22, pp. 92-104, 1993.
Conferences and Seminars
2009: Corporate Governance Training Workshop for Directors of Water Services Boards and Managers of GOK Parastatols. Organized by the State Corporations Advisory Committee, Kenya Institute of Administration, March 21st – 30th, 2009.
2008: International Conference on Social and Human Development Outcomes of Education and Poverty. Meeting held at the Kenyatta University Conference Centre, KU, Nairobi, Kenya. 12th – 24th November 2008.
2008: ‘Urban Development in Kenya: Towards Inclusive Cities’. Workshop held at the Instut Francais de Recherche en Afrique, at the Ambank House 11th Floor, Dr. L.M. Kisovi Nairobi. 24 – 25th November 2008
2007: Corporate Governance Training Workshop for Directors, Shareholders and Senior Managers of Water Services Boards. Workshop organized by the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya on May 23 – 24, 2007 at the Swara Safari Lodge, Karen in Nairobi.
2007: Workshop on Capacity Building for Teaching and Non-teaching Staff of Kenyatta University, Utalii Hotel, February 18th – 20th, 2007. This was a task force appointed by the Vice Chancellor to prepare a proposal on Training Needs of the Academic and Non-academic Staff. I was a member of the committee.
2007: Terms of Service for Student Teaching Assistantship at Kenyatta University Workshop, Utalii Hotel, February 22nd – 23rd, 2007. This was a task force appointed by the Vice Chancellor to prepare Guidelines for Terms of Service for Student Assistants at Kenyatta University. I was a member of the committee.
2006: Indigenous Knowledge and Ethno Botany Workshop. This was a regional workshop organized by the Lake Victoria Research Initiative (VicRes), through the Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA), at Kisumu Hotel, November 31st – December 1st, 2006.