Dr. Macharia Mwangi
Title/Qualifications: PhD,BA, PGDE, MA-Literature
Area of Specialization: Postcolonial Studies, Creative Writing
- August, 2014: International Conference on African Languages and Literatures in the 21st Century: “From Asmara2000 to Nairobi 2014: New Horizons and Trends in African Languages and Literature. Held at the Institute of African Studies, Kenyatta University.Acted as a session chair and rapporteur.
- September, 2013: East Africa at 50: A Celebration of Histories and Futures Conference, held at University of Nairobi. Presented a paper, “Mutiiri Njaranda ya Miikarire: The Ritual Return to Kamiriithu”
- June, 2013: DAAD Sponsored Free University of Berlin – University of Cape Town – Kenyatta University “North-South Dialogue on Postcolonial Studies” Workshop held at the Department of Literature, Kenyatta University.
- “Nyoyo Za Chuma.” A short story published in Kurudi Nyumbani na Handithi Zingine, edited by Mwenda Mbatia, published by Focus Publishers. (2012)
- “Loking for Rhoda.” A short story published in Perspectives: An academic Journal of Daystar University Vol 1.No 1 (2008).
- “Homecoming.” A short story published in Mwangaza, the University of Nairobi literature students’ magazine. 2001.
- “Reversed Dreams.” A short story in Reversed Dreams and Other Stories, published by the Writers Association of Kenya. (1996)
- “A Matter of Hope.” A short story in Reversed Dreams and Other Stories, published by the Writers Association of Kenya. (1996)
- “Basic Human Needs as Prerequisites for Peace.” A chapter published in Daisaku Ikenda and the African Voices for Peace, edited by Henry Indangasi and Masumi Odari, Published by Kenya Literature Bureau. (2009)
- Topical English: A Revision Guide for K.C.S.E. Students, published by Top Achievers Educational Publishers. (2009).
- A Comprehensive Students’ Guide to Ngugi wa Thiong’o’s The River Between. Self-published. (2008).