Dr. Muhia John Mugo
Department: of Literature
Articles & Papers In Peer Reviewed Journals
- Wachira, E., Kimani Kaigai and Mugo Muhia. “Phantoms of Hysteria – Novelistic Phantasmagoria in Lesego Rampolokeng’s Whiteheart: Epilogue to Hysteria.” Ed. Michael Bintley. Cogents Arts & Humanities. Vol 5, 2018 http://doi.org/10.1080/233311983.2018-1425233
- Sep. 2017. Wachira, I, Kaigai Kimani amd Mugo Muhia. “Spectres of Insanity: Expression od Dissidence in Lesego Rampolokeng’s Blackheart (Epilogue to Insanity)”, International Journal of Law, Humanities & Social Sciences. Vol. 1-Issue 5, pp. 12-22. ISSN(ONLINE): 2521-0793, ISSN (PRINT): 2521-0785
- 2014:Muhia, M.‘‘Choru wa Muiruri: Relections on the Kamirithu Experience.’’ African theatre. Vol. 13. Eds. Martin Burnham, James Gibbs, Yvette Hutchson, Femi Osofisan & Jane Plasow. Pp (37-41).
- Gibbs,J. & Muhia, M.‘‘Wole Soyinka & Ngugi wa Thiong’o: Plays in Production.’’ African theatre. Vol. 13. Eds. Martin Burnham, James Gibbs, Yvette Hutchson, Femi Osofisan & Jane Plaistow. Pp. (60-76).
- Oct. 2013: Muhia, M.,Fugich Wako & Joseph Walunywa: ‘‘Reconfiguration of Oral Genres in Ngugi wa Thiong’o’s Caitaani Mutharaba-ini/Devil on the Cross.’’ Ruwaza Africa: Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (ISSN no: 225-7144). Vol. 2, No. 1Pp(84-104)
- Muhia, M. & Macharia Mwangi. “Tranlation Aesthetics: Reading Texts and Contexts in Ngugi’s Caitaani Mutharaba-ini and Devil on the Cross.” In Language and Translation: Theory, Pedagogy & Practice. Eds Kebaya, Hilda, M. Osore, P. Ngugi and C. Kebaya. Nsaema Publishers, 2016. ISBN: 978-1-926906-47-8
- Muhia, M, Fugich Wako and Joseph Walunywa. “Visions of a Better Society: Myths, Proverbs and Resistance in Matigari ma Njiruungi.” Democracy, Civil Society and Development in Africa. Ed. Maurice Nyamanga Amutabi. Nairobi: Catholic University of East Africa, 2015. (296-311)
Submitted Papers (Awaiting Publication)
- The use of Indigenous Resources in Environmental Conservation in Ngugi wa Thiong’o’s Murogi wa Kagogo/Wizard of the Crow: A Religio-cultural Perspective
Conference, Workshops and Training
- Oct -Nov. 2016 Attended a Three week Research Methodological Training offered by Partnership for African social & Governance Research (Pasgor): Modules taken : Designing Social Inquiry,Critical Policy Engaged Research, Multi-Methods Strategies and Interpretive Methods and Ethnography.
- September 2013: University of Nairobi. Conference, East Africa at 50. Paper presented: ‘‘Reclaiming the Destroyed Shrines: An Ecocritical Analysis of Ngugi’s Murogi wa Kagogo.’’
- July 2012: Kenyatta University Kenya: Paper presented: Visions of a Better Society: Proverbs and Resistance in Ngugi wa Thiong’o’s Matigari
- May 16th – 24th 2012: Egerton University, Njoro. Workshop: Methodology and Key Words in Qualitative Research. By Prof Susan Vanzyl from University of Witwatersland
- September 2011: Kenyatta Univesity, Kenya
• Introduction Course on Instructional Systems Design.
• Introduction Course on e-Learning and Pedagogy
- August 2o11: University of Cape Town, South Africa. Conference Theme: North, South Conversations and Dialogue. Paper Presented: ‘‘Introduction to Ngugi’s Vernacular Writing and Politics of Gikuyu Orthography.’’
- May 2011: Kenyatta University, Kenya. Presented a Paper in the Department of Literature Seminar Room: ‘‘The Mythic and Fantastic: Representation in Ngugi’s Murogi wa Kagogo.’’
- March 2011: Kenyatta University Kenya:
• Quality Management Systems Awareness
- May 2010, May 2011, May 2012
Seminar: Teaching Practice Orientation: Ethics, discipline during teaching practice.
• Public relations during teaching practice
• Schemes of work, lesson plan and standardization
• Aspects to consider in a science lesson supervision
• Supervision of B. ed and Diploma in Early Childhood Education
• Supervision in Special Needs Education