Prof. Oluoch Obura
- Applied Theatre
- Higher Education Management and Quality Assurance
- Research Methods in Oral Literature and Folklore
- Gender Studies and Cultural Production
- Film Studies and Postcolonialism
- Black Aesthetics
- Diaspora Studies (African American and Caribbean Regions)
- Mwai, Wangari&OluochObura. The Female Imagination: A Biographical Dictionary of East African Literary Artists. Berlin: Lambert Publishers, 2010.ISBN-13.978-3838391885.
Recent Peer Reviewed Articles
- Ouno, Victor Onyango, Arthur Luvai&OluochObura. “Representation of Individual Will As The Agent of Social Transformation in Wole Soyinka’s Novel.International Journal of Advanced Research.4 (11). 2016. ISSN. 2320-5407. Pg. 1292 – 1318.
- Dianga, Rachel and OluochObura. “African Images in Kenyan Film as a Response to Colonial “Misrepresentations” in Charles Kebaya, Pamela Ngugi& Miriam Osore. Eds. Language and Translation: Theory, Pedagogy and Practice. Nairobi: Nsemia Publishers, 2016. Pg. 31-58.ISBN-13: 978-1926906478.
- Obura, Oluoch. J. K. S. Makokha&RemmyShiunduBarasa. Eds. African Literature Research: Trends, Issues and Emerging Perspectives.(Forthcoming 2017).
Conferences and Seminars
- Kenya Oral Literature Association (KOLA) Workshop In Mombasa 2009
- Regional Workshop on Social Science & Conflict Analysis – Khartoum Sudan 2009.
- Attended workshop – Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Oldenburg/Berlin August 2007.
- AICAD Workshop on Regional Resource Persons Workshop for translators and export trade promotion in Commercial grafts from East Africa ‘The Use of Performance Techniques’ – July 2007
- Professor of Literature, Department of Literature, Kenyatta University
- Adjunct Professor of Theatre, Department of Film and Theatre Arts, Kenyatta University
- Chairman, Quality Assurance, Department of Literature
- Member, Postgraduate Committee, Department of Literature
- Member, Curriculum Development Committee, Department of Literature
- Member, Senate of Kenyatta University
- Member, Appointments and Promotions Committee, Kenyatta University
- Member, Kenya Oral Literature Association (KOLA)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Kenyatta University
- Dean, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Kenyatta University
- Chairman, Department of Literature, Kenyatta University
- Editor-in-Chief, Chemchemi: International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences
- External Examiner, University of Nairobi, Moi University, Kabianga University, University of Dar es Salaam, Kenyatta University, Pwani University among others.
- Dean, Faculty of Arts (Maseno University) & Principal (Maseno University College).