Dr Muna Wilson Kamau
Name: Muna Wilson Kamau
- Muna, W., & Otieno, J. M. D. (2020). Voting with the Shilling: The ‘Money Talks Factor” in Kenya’s Public Policy and Electoral Democracy. Journal of African Elections.
- Muna, W. (2016). The Cost of Terrorism in Kenya. The Journal of Social, Political, and Economic Studies, 42(3/4), 289-306.
- Muna, W. K., Stanton, A., & Mwau, D. M. (2014). Deconstructing intergenerational politics between ‘Young Turks’ and ‘Old Guards’ in Africa: an exploration of the perceptions on leadership and governance in Kenya. Journal of Youth Studies (Taylor and Francis), 17(10), 1378-1394.
- Muna, W. K., Shulika, L. S., & Mutula, S. (2014). Monetary clout and electoral politics in Kenya-the 1992 to 2013 presidential elections in focus. Journal of African Elections, 13(2), 196-215.
- Muna, W. K., Koma, G. P., & Mutua, S. (2013). Leadership and Political Corruption in Kenya: Analysis of the 2010 Constitutional Provisions on the Presidency. Journal of Social, Political, and Economic Studies, 38(3), 263-286.
Refereed Journals with Students
- Logiel L. S. & Muna, W. (2019). Women participation in policy decision making in Turkana County, Kenya: prospects and challenges. International Journal of Arts and Commerce.
- Otieno, J. M. D., & Muna, W. (2018). Dynamics and Complexities of Forming the Executive Office: Analysis of Kenya’s Cabinet 1963–2018. American Journal of Public Policy and Administration, 3(1).
- Gichohi, J. M., & Muna, W. (2018). Consumer Protection Measures and Road Safety in Nyeri County, Kenya. American Journal of Public Policy and Administration, 3(1).
- Richard, J. S., & Muna, W. (2018). Effects of county budgeting forums on service delivery in Kenya: the case of Kajiado County. American Journal of Public Policy and Administration, 3(1).
- Muna, W. K., & Munene, D. (2018) “Digital Explosion in the 21st Century and the Rise of Youth Radicalization in Higher Education Institutions in Kenya”, Published in “The Changing to Dynamics of Terrorism & Violent Extremism: An Analysis” – Peer reviewed and published by the Horn Institute for Strategic Studies. ISBN: 978-9966-1962-2-4
- Muna, W. K. The “Quiet Diplomacy” of South Africa and its Continental and International Impacts on Peace and Security: A Case Study of Zimbabwe Crisis (Peer reviewed and accepted for publication by Council for the Development of Research in Africa [CODESRIA]).
- Muna, W. & Limo, I., (2015). Challenges of Relationships and Social Identities: The paradox of the consequences of Kenya’s military intervention in Somalia. The New African Civil-Military Relations, 99.
- Certificate of Participation: Intellectual Property Rights Workshop (28th September 2016); Venue: Business and Student Services Centre (BSSC); Theme: Industrial Properties in Economic Development
- Conference Speaker – China-IGAD Cooperation for Peace and Security in the Horn of Africa (March 31 – 01 April 2017), Shanghai, China. Hosted by Shanghai Institutes for International Studies, Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD), Africa Policy Institute, and The Carter Center.
- Seminar Participant – Seminar on Investing In Soft Power Capacity (March 10, 2017), Cohosted by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and Africa Policy Institute (API).
- Workshop Participant - Themed: On African Terms: Towards a Model for Conflict Resolution and Management (15 Feb – 17 Feb, 2017). Held in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Guest Speaker - International Seminar on China-Africa Industrial Capacity Cooperation (July 4-6, 2016).Hosted by: Embassy of the Peoples’ Republic of China in Tanzania; Ministry of Foreign Affairs and East African Cooperation of Tanzania; Center for Chinese Studies of University of Dar es Salaam.
- Seminar on Think-Tanks for Anglophone African Countries in 2016 (6 – 30 April 2016), Jinhua, China.
- Guest Speaker – The 5th Meeting of China-Africa Think Tank Forum (14–16 April 2016), Yiwu, China. Hosted by Zhejiang Normal University; Yiwu Municipal Peoples Government; and China Development Bank.
- Second International Interdisciplinary Conference, Kisii University, Eldoret Campus on: Africa Looking East or West (24th -27th June 2015)
- Second Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference on: Challenges of Development in Africa (25 – 30 June 2013). Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
- First Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference on: Scholarship and Development in Africa on the Occasion of Celebrating Golden Jubilee of Scholarship and Development in Africa (26 – 30 June 2012). Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
- Democratic and Governance Institute (25 July – 12 August 2011) Dakar, Senegal. Hosted by CODESRIA.
- Gender and Media Symposium (1 – 3 November 2011). Cairo, Egypt. Hosted by CODESRIA.