Dr.Jessica Khadi Gimode
|Name: Dr. Jessica Khadi Gimode
Title/Qualifications: Master of Arts( MA)
Department/Unit/Section: Literature, Linguistics and Foreign languages
Contact Address: 43844- 00100, NAIROBI
Position: Tutorial Fellow
Area of Specialization: Sociolinguistics
Research Interests: Translation
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9284-1883
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Articles in Referred Journals
- Peace Benson, Gerry O. Ayieko and Jessica K. Gimode (2017): The Syntactic Functions of Noun Phrase in Jenjo. Yankari Journal of English, Literature and Linguistics, Vol. 1, No. 1, December 2017. A Publication of the Department of English, Faculty of Arts and Education, Bauchi State University, Gadau. ISSN: 2336-6037, pg.
Presentation of papers at Academic Conferences
- Oct 29-30, 2020: Presented paper at the10th Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference, Nairobi Titled: ‘Code-Switching Autonomy on Kenya Broadcasting Corporation FM Radio Station’.
Responsibilities in Kenyatta University
- 2015-2019: Appointed Examinations Coordinator for the Department of English and Linguistics
- 2014: Appointed Digital School Coordinator for the Departmental English and Linguistics
- 2010: Appointed into the Kenyatta University mentoring programme to mentor students.
- 2012: Appointed assistant examination coordinator, Department of English and Linguistics.
University’s Capacity Building Short Courses
- 2011 and 2012: Attended students’ mentor’s workshop
- 2013 and 2014: Attended e-teaching, e-supervision and how to set university exams.
- Workshop; Venue, Kenyatta University.