Dr. Maingi Lydiah Ngunjiri
Publications and Manuals
- Maingi, L. (2020). Teaching Interactive Module: Psychology of Health, Stress and Coping: Digital School of Virtual and Open Learning
- Maingi, L. (2020). Teaching Interactive Module: Measurement and Evaluation of Counseling Interventions. Digital School of Virtual and Open Learning
- Wanjohi, G. & Maingi, L. (July, 2020) Caregivers’ Perceptions of Compassion Ability Among Paediatric Healthcare Providers in Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research. Vol. 8. No.7: 1-14. ISSN: 2411-5681
- Maingi L., Kathungu, B. & Wasanga C. (2017). Relationship between Harsh Physical Disciplining during Childhood and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. International Journal of Science, Arts and Commerce (IJSAC) Vol. 2 No.3
- Maingi-Ngunjiri, L. (2017). Teaching Module: Child Psychology. A Module for E-learning. Nairobi. Kenyatta University Press.
- Maingi-Ngunjiri, L. (2017). Teaching Module: Behaviour Modification. A Module for E-learning. Nairobi. Kenyatta University Press.
- Maingi-Ngunjiri, L. (2017). Teaching Module: Introduction to Counselling Psychology. A Module for E-learning. Nairobi. Kenyatta University Press.
- Maingi-Ngunjiri Lydiah. (2016). Choice Certainty: Implications for Career Counseling. Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-3-659-89177-9
- Maingi L. & Wasanga C.2012). Factors affecting Career Certainty among University students.Kenyan Journal of Guidance, Counseling and Psychology. Vol. 1 ISSN 2226-0552
- Francis and Lydiah. (2008). A hand-book for your Marriage: A marital guide for the youth, marriage counselors and parents. Kijabe Printing press. Nairobi
- 21st August 2020: Teen Pregnancies Stigma and Family Support Issues. Presentation done DWB webinar
- July 2020 Deliverance Church Kasarani – Zimmerman Couples Aglow Live Online Seminar On Saturday Topic: Creating Balance In Marriage/Family
- 31st March 2020. Mental Health in Relation to COVI- 19. Kenyatta University TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdEaWMZH9dE&feature=youtu.be
- 13th April 2020. Loss and Grief associated with COVID-19. Kenyatta University TV.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TDNRrMkoOQ&feature=youtu.be
- Maingi, L., Mathai, M., Warutere, P. and Farquhar, C. 2019. Prevalence and Risk Factors for Compassion Fatigue Among Pediatric Health Care Providers in Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi. Kenya. Paper Presented in AFREhealth 2019 Conference in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Maingi, L. 2019. Relationship between Substance use and Victimization to Intimate Partner Violence among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. Paper presented at the 45th Annual Alcohol Epidemiology Symposium of the Kentil Bruun Society (KBS 2019). Utretcht, Netherlands.
- April 2019: Effects of Child Victimization on Self Esteem. DWB Community Chapel Change Camp. “Empower a Kenyan Girl”
- Maingi L., Wasanga C., Kathungu B., Wamalwa D. 2018. Relationship between Exposure to Parental Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and Adult Victimization to Intimate Partner Violence in among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. Paper presented Annual D43 Networking Conference AFREhealth, 2018 on 4TH August 2018 Durban, South Africa
- November, 2016. Health Effects of Negative Emotions in Women. Workshop held at Deliverance Church Donholm Women Conference 11-12th November. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHN-fsRnTzo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxZDKZ7LLo
- Maingi Lydiah W. (2012). The psychological effects of Gender based Violence against men. Paper presented at the Gender Conference on 1-3rd August 2012.
Research: Funded Projects
- The Acceptability and Effectiveness of A Tele-Medicine Based Approach to Offering Psychosocial Support to Frontline Healthcare Workers during the Covid-19 Pandemic in Kenya. PI: Prof. Mathai, M. (University of Nairobi),Role: Co-investigator. Funded by: Kenyatta National Hospital, Centre for Public Health and Development
- 2019-2020: Risk factors and Compassion Fatigue among pediatric healthcare providers in Kenyatta National Hospital. Role: PI. Funded by: P-HERT fellowship. NIH Funded Junior Faculty research Training
- 2017-2019: Funded Training. Fellowship in Epidemiology. Partnership For Health Research Training in Kenya (P-HERT) University of Nairobi 5D43TW010141-05, Role: Fellow
- 2014-2016: Relationship between Selected Childhood Parental Factors and Victimization to Intimate Partner Violence among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. Completed in 2016.PhD thesis. Funded by: Kenyatta University