Prof. David M. Minja
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Articles in Refereed Journals
Individual articles in local and international journals
- Minja, D. Ethical Practices for effective leadership: Fact or Fallacy- A case of Kenya. KCA Journal of Business Management, 2009 Vol 2.p1-14
- Minja, D. Corporate Leadership Styles and Practices in Kenya: African Leadership Review: Journal of Leadership, Governance and Development, Vol.2, No.1 June 2010, pp.11-39.
- Minja, D. Leadership Practices: A Case of Selected Corporate Institutions in Kenya. Journal of Entrepreneurship, Language and Technology in Africa Vol 2, No 2 (2010)
- Minja, D. Comparative Analysis of the Impact of Organization Development interventions on Organizational leadership and management practice. A Case of Green Earth (GEP). Journal of Entrepreneurship, Language and Technology in Africa Vol 3, No 1 June, 2011,pp.199-222.
- Minja, D. Ethical Practices; The Foundation of Political and Economic Development in Kenya: Journal of leadership, Governance and Development in Africa, Vol. 3, No.2 December 2011, pp. 89-113.
- Minja D. The Imprints of Leadership. Journal of Leadership, Governance and Development in Africa. Glasgow, Vol. 5 No.8, June, 2013, pp.8-24.
- Minja, D. The Signature of Effective Leadership. Public Policy and Administration Research, Vol. 3 No. 10, October, 2013
- Minja, D. Accountability Practice in Kenya’s Public Sector. International Journal of Business Management Review; Vol.1. No.4, December, 2013,pp.54-63.
- Minja D. Ethical Leadership for Development of Political Governance in Kenya: An Empirical Review. International Journal of Current Business and Economics. Vol. 1, NO 1 pp. 006012. November, 2012.
- Minja,D. Management Fibrillation and its Influence on Results-Based Management Practice in Kenya’s Public Sector. Public Policy and Administration Research,Vol. 5, No. 2(2015) , pp.22-27.
- Minja, D. An Assessment of the Practice of Results- Based Management in the Public Service: The Case of Kenya. Journal of Human Resource and leadership. Vol.1, Issues 2, No. 1 2016
- Minja, D. Re-Thinking Ethical Leadership in Kenya: Adopting a New Paradigm. Journal of Values-Based Leadership. Vol. 10, Issues 1, Winter/Spring 2017
- Minja, D., Ndethiu, L. The Impact of Founder’s Syndrome on Leadership Transition from Entrepreneurial Visionary to Shared Vision. African Leadership Review: Journal of leadership, Governance and Development, Vol.3, No.2 June 2011, pp 21-52.
- Ngure, P., Minja, D. Nyaoke Lorraine. Malaria Healthcare Policy Change in Kenya: Implications on Sales and Marketing of Anti-Malarial Drugs. Journal of Vector Borne Diseases. 2012 March, 49(1) 27-32.
- Kiarie J. Minja D. The Role of Corporate Governance in Mitigating Investors Risks at Nairobi Securities Exchange. European Journal of Business and Management, Vol 6, No 8 (2014),pp.182-187.
- J.W. Nderitu,D. Minja, S. Muriithi. An Investigation of Challenges Facing Christian Universities in Kenya. International Journal of Management Sciences. Vol.4, No.3, 2014, 129-143.
- Stephen Laititi Mutunga, David Minja, Paul Gachanja. Innovative Adaptation and Operational Efficiency On Sustainable Competitive Advantage Of Food And Beverage Firms In Kenya. European Journal of Business and Innovation Research, Vol. 2 No 2, pp. 32-50, May 2014.
- Mutunga,S.L. David Minja, Generic Strategies Employed By Food and Beverage Firms In Kenya and Their Effects On Sustainable Competitive Advantage. International Journal of Business Management Review. Vol 2, No.6 pp.1-15, November, 2014
- Mutunga,S.L., Minja,D. , Gachanja,P. Resources Configurations On Sustainable Competitive Advantage Of Food And Beverage Firms In Kenya: A Resource Based View Of The Firm. European Journal of Business and Management. Vol. 6, No. 24, 2014(147-157).
- Mary Mugo David Minja Lily Njanja The corporate growth strategies adopted by local family businesses in the manufacturing sector in Nairobi County, Kenya. European Journal of Business and Innovation Research,Vol.3,No.1,pp. 1-10, March 2015
- Mary Mugo David Minja Lily Njanja The effect of succession planning on corporate growth strategy among local family businesses in the manufacturing sector in Nairobi County, Kenya. European Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 7 No.6 (2015)
- Mary Mugo David Minja Lily Njanja The mediating effect of culture on management succession and corporate growth strategy among local family businesses in the manufacturing sector in Nairobi County, Kenya. European Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 7 No.5 (2015), 171-179.
- Minja D. Waweru, L. Strategic partnerships and their effects on building organizational capacity in the oil extractive industry in Kenya. European Journal of Business and Strategic Management Vol. 1. Issue No.2, pp 1-9, 2016.
- Kinyua Z, Minja D. The influence of Order of Reinstatement and Order of Compensation on Human Resource Practices in Selected State Corporations in Kenya. European Journal of Business and Strategic Management Vol.1, Issue 1 No. 1 pp144-156, 2016.
- Juma, G.A., Minja, D., Mageto, J. The Impact of Strategic Thinking on Organizational Performance: A Case of Uchumi Supermarket Limited. International Journal of Supply Chain Management Vol. 1, Issue 1 No. 1,pp 75-94,2016.
- Mary Mugo David Minja Lily Njanja. The Effect of Successor Commitment on Corporate Growth Strategy in Local Family Businesses in the Manufacturing Sector in Nairobi County, Kenya. African Multidisciplinary Journal of Research, Vol.1 No. 1 pp 153-170, 2016.
- Mutua, J., Mberia, H.K., Minja, D. Effectiveness of Debriefing As A Strategy of Dealing With Trauma Among Journalists in Kenya. International Journal of Communication and Public Relations. Vol.1,pp.1-10, 2016.
- Mutua, J., Mberia, H.K., Minja, D. Effectiveness of Talking Cure Therapy in Dealing With Trauma Among Journalists in Kenya. International Journal of Psychology. Vol. 1, pp.1-9,2016.
- Kinyua Z, Minja D. Kiruthu K. The Effect of Order of Injunction, Gender and Marginalised Groups’ Rules on Human Resource Management practices in Selected State Corporations in Kenya. Journal of Human Resource and Leadership. Vol. 1 Issue 2, NO. 2,2016
- Wangombe,N.M., Minja,D. Non-Financial Rewards and Their Effects on Employee Retention in the Public Sector in Kenya: The Case of The National Treasury. American Journal of Public Policy and Administration. Vol.3, Issue 1No.1, pp1-16,2018
- Jemtai, E.O. , Iravo, M., Minja, D. Influence of the Level of Citizen Participation on Governance of Projects in County Governments in Kenya. International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Sciences. Vol. II,, Issue V, May, 2018
- Jemtai, E.O., Iravo, M., Minja,D. Citizen Perceptions of the Governance of Projects in Kenya. International Journal of Innovative research and Knowledge. Vol. 3, Issue 5, May, 2018
- Jemtai, E., M., Minja,D. Inclusivity and Quality of County Government Projects Through Education to meet The Demands of The 21st Century. The International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. VOL. VI, Issue 10, October 2018
- Ndegwa E.,Minja,D. Determinants of Employee Satisfaction Among County Government Enforcement Officers in Kenya. The Case of Nairobi City County. International Journal of Current Aspects, Vol. 1, Issue II, 2018,pp129-148
- Ndegwa, S.N.,Minja,D. Effect of Access To Information on Public Participation in Governance of Devolved Government Systems. A case of Naivasha Sub-County. International Journal of Education and Research, Vol.6, No. 11, November, 2018
- Ndegwa, S.N.,Minja,D. The Influence of Civic Education on Public Participation in Governance of Devolved Government Systems. A case of Naivasha Sub-County. The Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp. 2246- 2258
- Mutungi, M.M., Minja, D., Njoroge, G. The Role of Change Leadership on The Transformation of Kenya Police Service. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 9, Issue 1, January 2019, ISSN 2250 -3153
Articles in Conference Proceedings & Conferences Attended
- 2008: The Role of Strategic leadership in Peace Building: Association of Lay Training Ministers in Africa Conference
- 2009: The Impact of Micro Finance as a Strategy for Poverty Alleviation and Business Growth in Kenya: Research Seminar at St. Paul’s University
- 2009: Entrepreneurial Ethical Practices: Handong Global University, South Korea in collaboration with St Paul’s University
- 2009: Ethical leadership practices in Kenya: Fact of Fallacy, presented at an academic symposium at St. Paul’s University.
- 2010: Corporate leadership: the Ethical Dimension in Kenya, presented at the 10th Annual BEN- Africa International Conference, Nairobi Kenya.
- 2011 : Ethical Leadership for Political and Economic Development in Kenya: Strathmore University 8th Annual Ethics Conference, 2011,Nairobi Kenya.
- 2014: Management Fibrillation and its Influence on Results-Based Management in Kenya’s Public Sector. First Asia- Pacific Conference on Global Business, Economics, Finance and Social Sciences. AP14 Singapore Conference, August, 2014.
- 2017: Post- Independence Inter- and Intra- State Conflicts in Africa, With Special Reference To The Eastern Africa Region. National University of Public Service, Budapest, Hungary 5th October, 2017.
- Minja D, Aswani D (2009) Industrial Relations in Kenya: Principles and Practices. Integrity Publishers, USA.ISBN13: 0-9821175-6-9
- Barine K Minja D. (2011) Transformational Corporate Leadership. Integrity Publishers, USA. ISBN 13: 978-0-9828630-1-5
- Barine, K. Minja, D. Muhoho, J. (2015). Leading Strategic Change. Integrity Publishers, USA ISBN 13: 978-1-937455-24-8
- Barine K. , Minja, D. Inside the Boardroom: Theory and Best Practices for Effective Corporate Governance .( under review by Routledge Publishing( Taylor & Francis group)