Dr. Douglas Macharia Mwangi
Area of Specialization: Postcolonial Studies, Creative Writing
Research Interests: African literature and popular culture, Translation & Magazines
Books and Books Chapters
- Muhia, M. & Macharia Mwangi. “Tranlation Aesthetics: Reading Texts and Contexts in Ngugi’s Caitaani Mutharaba-ini and Devil on the Cross.” In Language and Translation: Theory, Pedagogy & Practice. Eds Kebaya, Hilda, M. Osore, P. Ngugi and C. Kebaya. Nsaema Publishers, 2016. ISBN: 978-1-926906-47-8
- Mwangi, Macharia. Et.al. Senior 4 Achievers Literature in English For Rwandan Schools. Kigali: East African Education Publishers, 2016. ISBN: 978-9966-56-182-4
- Mwangi, Macharia. Et.al. Senior 1 Achievers English For Rwandan Schools. Kigali: East African Education Publishers, 2016. ISBN: 978-9966-56-166-4
- “Basic Human Needs as Prerequisites for Peace.” Daisaku Ikenda and the African Voices for Peace. Eds Henry Indangasi and Masumi Odari. Nairobi: Kenya Literature Bureau, 2009.
- Topical English: A Revision Guide for K.C.S.E. Students, published by Top Achievers Educational Publishers. (2009).
- A Comprehensive Students’ Guide to Ngugi wa Thiong’o’s The River Between. Self-published. (2008).
- Reversed Dreams and Other Stories. Nairobi: Writers Association of Kenya, 1998.
- “Homecoming.” Mwangaza: The University of Nairobi Students Journal. 5.2, 2001.
- “Looking for Rhoda.” Perspectives: An Academic Journal for Daystar University. 1.1, 2008.
- “Nyoyo Za Chuma.” Kurudi Nyumbani na Hadithi Zingine. Ed. Mwenda Mbatia. Nairobi: Focus Publishers, 2012.
- June 2017, All Africa House Fellowship Programme (AAHFP) Workshop. Presented a research paper: “Nexus/Busara and the Rise of Modern Kenyan Literature”
- September, 2013: East Africa at 50: A Celebration of Histories and Futures Conference, held at University of Nairobi. Presented a paper, “Mutiiri, Njaranda ya Miikarire: The Ritual Return to Kamiriithu”
- August, 2014: International Conference on African Languages and Literatures in the 21st Century: “From Asmara 2000 to Nairobi 2014: New Horizons and Trends in African Languages and Literature. Held at the Institute of African Studies, Kenyatta University. Acted as a session chair and rapporteur.
- September, 2013: East Africa at 50: A Celebration of Histories and Futures Conference
- 2018: Training on the writing of modules for the Blended Module by the Digital School of Virtual and Online Learning, Kenyatta University.
- June 2017: All Africa House Fellowship Programme (AAHFP) Workshop
- April 2017: Small Magazines, Literary Networks and Self-Fashioning in Sub-Saharan Africa, Workshop, University of Cape Town.
- 2014: Participant in a Grant Writing Workshop held at Kenyatta University
- 2016: Awareness Training on ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management System (QMS) Standard at Kenyatta University
- June, 2013: DAAD Sponsored Free University of Berlin – University of Cape Town – Kenyatta University “North-South Dialogue on Postcolonial Studies