Dr. Zacharia W. Samita
- Haggai-East Africa Regional Leadership Webinar, Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate, 1st - 3rd February 2021, to corporate and church leaders/workers, (1st February -6th March 2021).
- Haggai-Kenya International Leadership Webinar, Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate, 27th & 28th September 2020, to corporate and church leaders/workers, (27th September -10th October 2020).
- Haggai-Kenya International Leadership Webinar, Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate, 25th May 2020, to corporate and church leaders/workers.
- Guest Speaker, Consolata Institute of Philosophy on Cultural Day on the topic Education and Culture, 21st February 2020.
- Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate, St. Paul’s University, Limuru, 2nd and 3rd June 2019, to corporate and church leaders/workers.
- Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies with Cultural Council of the Islamic Republic of Iran Conference on the Palestinian Question: Its Relevance to the Struggle of Human Rights. Faith Based organizations and their support for Human Rights in Palestine, 31st May 2019.
- Postgraduate Symposium, Research Methods in Humanities and Social Sciences, African Institute of Contemporary Mission and Research, Eshimuli Guest House, Butere, 28th -29th March 2019.
- Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate, St. Paul’s University, Limuru, 26th November 2018, to corporate and church leaders/workers.
- Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate,13th & 14th November 2016, to Church Leaders/Workers.
- Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate, St. Paul’s Pastoral Centre Katoloni in Machakos 28th & 29th August 2016, to Church Leaders/Workers.
- Equipping for sustainable Life transition: The Church as a companion to Widowers in Rebuilding their Family Life, with Jane Chebet Sang, in AICMAR’s Annual School of Theology, Theme:African Christian’s Response to 21st Century Perspectives on Death and Dying, Butere, 15-16th October 2015
- Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate. To Church Leaders, Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Scott Christian University Machakos 24th – 30th August. 2014.
- (Forthcoming) Contemporary Methods for Evangelism. To Church Leaders, Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Mary Ward Retreat, Karen, 17th – 22nd 2014 August. 2014.
- Stewardship, Outreach and Fund Development, To Salvation Army Leaders Seminar, Salvation Army West Kenya Territory Seminar, Diamond Rock Guest House, Kakamega, July 22nd -24th, 2014.
- Evangelization in an African Christian Urban Church: The Case of Heritage International Church Evangelization in an African Christian Urban Church: The Case of Heritage International Church. Presented on 14th July 2014 to Comboni Missionaries During their Seminar on Ecumenism and Christian Churches, 14th – 16th July 2014, Ngong Rd, Nairobi.
- The Leader and the Family. Presented on 20th August 2013 During Haggai Institute Leadership Training, Resurrection Garden, Karen-Nairobi 18th – 24th, 2013.
- Cultural Realities and Their Implications to Mission Today in Africa. Presented on 8th August 2013 During Comboni Missionaries Workshop, Comboni Centre,Nairobi August 4th – 9th, 2013.
- Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate. Haggai Institute Leadership Training, Lavington United Church, Nairobi 18th June 2012.
- African Traditional Religion (and Culture): Implication for Missions, Fellowship of Christian Unions (FOCUS) Commission 2011, Kabarak University, 1st January 2012.
- Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate. Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, ABC Guest House Machakos 28th –29th August. 2011.
- The Blessings and Challenge of Media to Contemporary Youth, Puberty to Adulthood Camps in Kenya (PACK), 26th August 2011, Ollorgosaille Pre-Historic Site.
- Doing a Social-Cultural Analysis, Leadership Training Workshop for Women Peace-makers, Mary Ward Centre, Karen, 16th – 19th August 2011
- Towards Pentecostalization of Ethnicity Rather Than Ethnicization of Pentecostalism: Kenyan Experience, Association of Theological Institutions of Eastern Africa, Lweza Conference Centre, Kampala, Uganda, July 20th – 23rd 2011.
- Not by Prayer Alone: Integral and Pragmatic Approach to HIV and AIDS Among Pentecostals – The Case of Christ is the Answer Ministries (CITAM), Ecumenical Association Third World Theologians (EATWOT), Africa Region Consultative Meeting, CORAT-Africa, February 2011
- Response to Muthoni Wanyeki’s Paper: Alternative Rites of Passage in the Contemporary Changing World of Youth. During Symposium by Institute of Youth Ministry, Tangaza College, 21st November 2008.
- Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate. Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Friends College of Science & Technology, Kaimosi 24th –29h August 2008.
- Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate. Haggai Institute National Leadership Seminar, Pan Africa Christian University, 17th –23rd August 2008.
- A Socio-Cultural Analysis on Post-Election Violence to AOSK Leadership Seminar to Wanawake wa Amani, Bishop Stam Centre, Kakamega 19-24 May 2008.
- Haggai Vision. Haggai Institute Faculty Development Seminar, Cooperative College, Karen -Nairobi, 7th - 10th November 2007.
- Haggai Vision and Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate. Haggai Institute National Seminar, Friends Theological College, Kaimosi 7th –13th October 2007.
- Haggai Vision on Mission and Evangelism. Haggai Institute National Seminar, Scotts Theological College, Machakos 26th August – 1st September 2007.
- African Cultural Diversity and Cross-Cultural Dynamics With Reference to Kenya. A Talk to Comboni Missionaries, Comboni House, Ngong Road, Nairobi, 8th August 2007.
- Doing Cross-cultural Ethnographic Research, Presentation to Conference of Christian Brothers in the Karibu Program, Mary Ward Centre, 6th July 2007.
- African Culture and Approaches to Health Issues. Presentation to Medical Missionaries of Mary Sisters in their 50th Anniversary, Westlands, Nairobi, 9th June 2007.
- African Culture and Cross-Cultural Dynamics: a Talk to Dutch and Kenyan Students on Exchange Program/Workshop at Social Ministry Research Network Centre (SOMIRENEC), 18th February 2007 and 15th March 2007.
- Strengthening Family Institutions Amidst Changing and Challenging Realities. St. Mary’s Pastoral Centre, Nakuru, 30th April 2006.
- Focus, Vision and Goal Setting as a Youth in a Contemporary 21st Century, Presented in the Youth Conference, PEFA Church Youth Camp, Nakuru District 20th and 21st April 2006.
- Survey on New Religious Movements in Africa and Their Mission Implications With Reference to Kenya. In Inter-Africa Assembly of the Order of Preachers Colloquium, Dimesse Centre, Karen, Nairobi, July 25th – 31st 2005
- Power Hoarding and Power Loading From Divine Spaces With Reference to New Holy Church, Kenya, In The 19th World Congress of the International Association for the History of Religions, Tokyo, Japan, March. 24th – 30th 2005
- Inter-Faith Dialogues Through Religious Studies and Theological Institutions: Some Examples From, EATWOT Africa Region Consultation, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana; 28th February – 4th March 2005.
- Christian Evangelistic Crusades and Their Contribution to the Growth of the Church in Kenya With Reference to Nairobi. In the Kenyatta University 12th Post-Graduate Seminars, Nairobi 29th November – 3rd December 2004.
- Ethical Issues and Challenges on Responsible Leadership in The Family and the Church in New Christian Religious Movements. Programme for Ethics in Eastern Africa Workshop on Responsible Leadership in Family and Religion, Mary Ward Centre, Karen 23rd -24th September 2004.
- Effective Mission and Evangelism: The Biblical Mandate. Haggai Institute National Seminar, Scotts Theological College, Machakos 16th August 2004.
- Church Potential: Effective Mission Evangelism and Church Growth. NCCK Workshop for the African Instituted Churches, Rosterman, Kakamega, 14th – 17th October 2003.
- The Holy Spirit, Gifts and Fruit of the Spirit, NCCK Workshop for the African Instituted Churches, Rosterman, Kakamega, 14th – 17th October 2003.
- The Role of Churches in Development: The Case of Nairobi Evangelical and Pentecostal Churches in Kenya’s Political Transition, to Maryknoll Institute of African Studies of St. Mary’s University, May 2003.
- Religion For Peace Not Pieces: A Reflection And Response To A Paper On Building A Culture Of Peace Through Reconciliation. Presented During The NCCK Conference On Overcoming Violence: A Faith-Based Response, KCB Management Centre, Ngong, 19th – 22nd February 2003.
- Basic Human Rights in Initiated Churches: New Holy Church and Grace Foundation Church in Western Province, Kenya. During the International Workshop on Religion and Human Rights, 4th-8th November 2002, Marina Hotel, Dodowa, Ghana.
- Role of Religious Groups in Kenya’s Political Transition. Presented to EATWOT National Conference, St. Paul’s United Theological College, Limuru, 15th – 16th August 2002.
- Basic Conceptions on Human Rights in African Initiated Churches, Travellers Hotel, Mombasa Kenya, 8th-10th July 2002.
- Leadership Training on Mission and Evangelism: African Independent Churches (AICs) Context in Nairobi Theological Education by Extension (TEE), at Organization of African Independent Churches (OAIC), Nairobi, 1st and 15th June 2002.
- Leadership Training on Liturgy and Worship in AICs, In Nairobi TEE, at OAIC, Nairobi, 4th and 18th May 2002.
- Christian Expressions From Euro-Americas To Africa With Reference To Nairobi, Kenya, Presented To The All Africa Conference Of Churches (AACC) –Theological And Inter-Faith Desk- Consultation On Emerging Christian Expressions And The Challenges Of Christian Fundamentalism, Hotel Equatoria, Kampala, Uganda 4th – 8th September 2001.
- Morning Hour Worship Assemblies in Nairobi: A Source of Hope? Presented to EATWOT National Conference, St. Mary’s Pastoral Centre, Nakuru, 24th – 25th August 2001.
- Reflection on Christian Evangelistic Crusades in Kenya. Presented in the Annual School of Theology of the African Institute of Contemporary Mission and Research, Eshimuli Guest House, Butere, 25th-27th How to Best Present the Gospel in Kenya, Haggai Institute International Seminar on Advanced Leadership Skills, 10th February, Singapore 1998.
Student Co-authored Publications
- Kwemboi, Philip, Cyprian Kavivya & Zacharia W. Samita. 2020. Salvation Army’s Contribution to Economic Empowerment of Women in Bungoma County, Kenya, Journal of Humanities and Social
Nininazwe, Bella, Zacharia W. Samita & Tom Kearney. 2019. How Human Capital Enhances the Sustainability of Informal Businesses for Burundian Women Refugee in Nairobi County, Kenya,
- International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce, Vol. 9 Issue 10, October 2019, 67-75.
Book Review Articles
- "Hope for Africa: and What Christians can do". In Journal of Eastern African Research and Development, Vol. 26, 1996. 1998, pp. 245-248.
- "The Bible in African Christianity: Essays in Biblical Theology". Kinoti, Hannah W. & John-Mary Waliggo, Eds. Nairobi: Acton Publishers, 1997. In Journal of Adventist Thought in Africa, Vol. 3 No. 1 November 1997, pp. 122-125.
- "Healers and Protective Medicine in Botswana". In Journal of Third World Studies, Fall, Vol. IX No. 2 1997, pp. 202-204.
- "Successful Family Living". In The Christian Educator: Journal of Religious Education, Vol. 10 No. 1, 1997.
- “The Call of the Witch” by Eric Wamanji, In News Feature, The East African Standard, Saturday 8th April 2006, pp 16-17.
- “Ordinary People for God’s Extraordinary Purposes: Character Exposition on Andrew”, In The Christian Youth Magazine, Vol. 1 no. 1. (A Free Pull Out in Miracle Magazine) October 2004, pp. 5, 7.
- “Well Versed to Serve God Well: A Character Exposition of Philip”, The Campus Glory: A Publication of Moi University Christian Union, Sept/Nov. 2003, Vol. 6 Issue 1, pp. 22-23.
- Christian Evangelistic Crusades and Their Contribution to the Growth of the Church in Kenya With Reference to Nairobi. In Kenyatta University 12th Post-Graduate Seminar Abstracts, pp. 126-127.
- “Research Report on Basic Human Rights in African Initiated Churches”. In Regional Workshop on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Eds. E. Mugure & E. Bosire, Forest Action Network, 8th – 10th July 2002, Mombasa, Kenya., p. 9.