Dr. Christine M. Wasanga
Name: Christine M.Wasanga
- Wasil, A.R., Osborn, T.L., Venturo-Conerly, K.E., Wasanga, C., & Weisz, J.R. (2021). Conducting global mental health research: Lessons learned from Kenya. Global Mental Health, 8, E8. doi:10.1017/gmh.2021.7
- Osborn, T.L., Rodriguez, M., Wasil, A.R., Venturo-Conerly, K.E., Gau, J., Alemu, R.G., Roe, E., Arango, S., Otieno, B.H., Wasanga, C.M., Shingleton, R., & Weisz, J.R0. (2020). Single-session digital intervention for adolescent depression, anxiety and well-being: Outcomes of a randomized controlled trial with Kenyan adolescents. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 88 (7), 657-668. ISSN: https://dx.doi.org/10.1037/ccp0000505
- Osborn, Tom L., Venturo-Conerly, Katherine E., Wasil, Akash R., Rodriguez, Micaela, Roe, Elizabeth, Alemu, Rediet, Arango G., Susana, Gan, Jenny, Wasanga, Christine, Schleider, Jessica L and Weisz, John R (2020). The Shamiri group intervention for adolescent anxiety and depression: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial of a lay-provider-delivered, school-based intervention in Kenya. A study protocol. Pan African Clinical Trials Registry PACTR201906525818462. DOI link: https://doi.org/10.1186/S13063-020-04732-1. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Osborn, T. L., & Wasanga, C. (2020, August 10). Simple, Stigma-free, Scalable, and School-based: A Four-step Approach to Developing Adolescent Mental Health Treatments in Sub Saharan Africa. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/apku2. CC-By Attribution 4.0 International.
- Wasanga, C.M. , & Musau, J.N. (2019). Health, Well-being, and Welfare in Youth (Kenya). In Bloomsbury Education and Childhood Studies. London: Bloomsbury. Retrieved January 12, 2020, from http://dx.doi.org/10.5040/9781350996281.0004
- Merecia S & Wasanga, C (2018). Towards evidence based approach in education policy-making for social and economic development in Kenya. The state of University education in Kenya: selected papers from the 1st biennial conference, 2016. Commission for University Education, ISBN 978-9966-009-24-1, vol 1
- Wasanga, C.M. & Kiminyo, D (2016). Moral development among children and adolescents in Kenya. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing. German.
- Wasanga, C. M & Arasa, J.N (2015). The historical development of psychology in Kenya. In Jopie de Beer (Ed), The histories project. Perspectives on psychology in Africa. Johannesburg. JvR Psychometrics Pty Ltd. ISBN 978-0-620-65721-1
- Mathews, J.R & Wasanga, C.M (2014). Indigenous behavioural health in Eastern Africa. The Encyclopaedia of cross-cultural counselling.II:700-703. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN: 9781118339893.
- Wasanga, C.M & Oteyo, Samson (2012). Peers and siblings effects on alcohol and cigarette use among secondary school male students in Nakuru Municipality, Kenya. International Journal of psychology Vol 47 (supplement 1) ISSN 0020-7594
- Wasanga, C.M (2009) “Child Abuse and psychopathology”. Report of the proceedings of the sixth African Conference on Child abuse and neglect with focus on early childhood development and education held on 4-6 May 2009 in UNECA Conference Centre, Addis Ababa
- Wasanga, C.M (2008) “Violence in Kenyan Schools and Peace Education: A Psychologist’s Perspective. Proceedings of the conference on Peace Education in Eastern and Central Africa. The State of the Art: Lessons and Possibilities held in Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya on 4th and 5th December 2008 (Kenyan Focus.
- Wasanga, C.M (1997). The attitude towards science among primary and secondary school students in Kenya. Nairobi. Academy of Science Publishers. ISBN 9966-83-92-4