Dr. Sheila N. Mutuma
Name:Dr. Sheila N. Mutuma
- Gender-Related Factors that Influence Women and Men’s Participation in Small-Scale Greenhouse Farming in the Peri-Urban Area of Ongata Rongai-Kenya.
- The levels of participation of women and men in small-scale greenhouse farming in the Peri-urban area of Ongata Rongai, Kajiado County-Kenya.
- Mainstreaming Gender in HIV responses in Kenya: National Action Plan 2009/10 – 2012/13.
- Vulnerability of women to HIV/AIDS- A Case of Maseru-Lesotho
- 28th-29th July 2022- Participant - stakeholders workshop on valuing women’s work in the informal sector research findings validation and strategy co-creation - a country strategy and programme design. Oxfam Kenya
- 6th -8th July 2022- Member organizing Committee/ Rapporteur – 1st International Women Economic Empowerment Conference. KU-WEE - Kenyattta University
- 19th May 2022- Training on capacity Strengthening on theory of change- KU WEE HUB-Kenyatta University.
- April 2021- May 2021: attended KU-Yale WEE Workshops. Online.
- 3rd - 4th February 2021. Participated in Data Dissemination Conference “Digital Health for Migrant Mothers & Maternal Care in Dadaab Refugee Camps” Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- June 2020-August 2020: Tertiary Educator Programme: take your education online: The Open University
- 15th August 2016 - Participated in a Symposium on Weaving Just peace: African Women’s Transformative Leadership in Context of Transition, Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- July 2013: Attended a public lecture on the topic: Men fighting Gender Based Violence-held at KU Business Center
- 1-3rd August 2012 - Attended an International Conference on Gender Based Violence (GBV). Theme: Creating Safe Spaces: A Multi- Disciplinary Approach to GBV. Kenyatta University Amphitheatre.
- January 2011 to date: Participated in various seminars and workshops at the Department of Gender and Development Studies and Kenyatta University.
- 2006-2007 - Participated in National AIDS Control Council (NACC) Gender and HIV/AIDS Sub-Committee
Convening and Coordinating Workshops/Seminars
- 2007-2008: Coordinated projects Activities (Global Couching Centre) across the Country-Kenya.
- 2005-2006: Advocacy and lobbying to change gender discriminatory practices in partner organizations of in Strengthening STD/HIV/ Control Project.
- 2005-2006: Coordinated and implemented gender activities in Strengthening STD/HIV/ Control Project, including development of the project’s gender policy and mainstreaming strategy.
- 2005-2006: Collaborated with partners to assess capacity development needs and organizing capacity building and trainings for partner organizations.