Prof. Elishiba N. Kimani
Areas of Specialization
- Gender, Education and Development Studies
Peer Reviewed Articles in International Journals:
- Lucy Maina and Elishiba Kimani (2019). Gendered Patterns of Unpaid Care and Domestic work in the Urban Informal Settlements of Nairobi, Kenya. Finding from a household Care Survey 2019. Women’s Economic Empowerment and Care (OXFAM).
- Sarah Fedha Barasa, Elishiba Njambi Kimani and Dr. Pacificah Okemwa (2018). Factors Influencing Men’s Involvement in the Prevention of Violence against Women in Nairobi City County, Kenya. https://doi.org/10.15640/ijgws.v6n2p7
- Paul Kizito, Elishiba Kimani and Mildred Lodiaga (April, 2017). Ventures Within Fisheries Value Chain that Men and Women Participate in Nairobi City County, Kenya. http://scholarpublishing.org/index.php/ASSRJ/issue/view/145
- Paul Kizito, Elishiba Kimani and Mildred Lodiaga (2017). Socio-economic determinants of men and women’s participation in fisheries value chain in Nairobi City County, Kenya. http://jsaer.com/
- Gorreti Wangari, Elishiba Kimani, and Dr. Geofrey Wango (2017). Challenges faced by women football players who participate in football leagues. Journal of Developing Country Studies ISSN 2520-5307 (Online) Vol.2, Issue 1 No.2, pp 13 -35, 2017 https://profiles.uonbi.ac.ke/gwango/files/challenges_faced_by_women_football_players_who_participate_in_football_leagues.pdf
- Gorreti Wangari, Elishiba Kimani and Dr. Geofrey Wango (2017). Factors influencing the participation of women in the local football leagues. International Journal of Gender Studies. https://www.iprjb.org/journals/index.php/IJGS/article/view/470
- Joan Kabaria Muriithi, Lucy W. Ngige and Elishiba N. Kimani (March, 2017). Forms and Prevalence of Intimate Partner Violence Experienced by Women Survivors in Shelter Homes in Kenya. http://www.ijhssnet.com/journals/Vol_7_No_3_March_2017/19.pdf
- Elishiba Kimani (February 2015). Women’s Knowledge and Food Security. In Pathways to African Feminism and Development, Filling Granary: Journal of African Women Studies Center. University of Nairobi. Nairobi. Kenya. (Online) Link: juonbi.ac.ke/index.php/awsc
- Judy Mwangi and Elishiba Kimani. (January, 2015). Factors Influencing Participation of men and women in Informal Finance Groups in Gachagi Informal Settlement in Thika Sub-County, Kenya. In The International Journal of Humanities & Social Studies. ISSN 2321-9203) Volume 3. Issue 1. theijhss.com
- Judy Mwangi and Elishiba Kimani (January, 2015). Challenges Experienced by Men and Women in Informal Finance Groups in Gachagi Informal Settlement in Thika Sub-County, Kenya. In International Journal of Innovative Research and Development. ISSN 2278. Volume 4. Issue 1. (Online). http://www.ijird.com/index.php/ijird/article/view/57630/44981
- Judy Mwangi and Elishiba Kimani (May 2015). Operations of Informal Finance Groups in Gachagi Informal Settlement in Thika Sub-County, Kenya. In International Journal of physical and social sciences. ISSN 2278. Volume 5. Issue 5. May, 2015. (Online). http://www.ijmra.us/2015.ijpss-may.php.
- Pauline W. Kamau, Elishiba Kimani and Grace Wamue-Ngare, (December, 2014) Challenges in Access to Microfinance Resources among Women in Kiharu Constituency, Murang’a County, in Kenya. In International Journal of Innovative Social Sciences &Humanities Research 2 (4):68-74, Oct-Dec. 2014. ISSN: 2354-2926.
- Esther Kibere, Elishiba Kimani and Mildred Lodiaga. (September, 2014). Gender Dynamics in Access to and Control of Benefits Accrued from Tea Farming in Kiganjo Division, Gatundu District-Kenya. In International Journal of Farming and Allied Sciences.IJFAS Journal-2014-3-9/956-961/30September,2014. ISSN 2322-4134@2014 IJFAS. http://ijifas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/956-961.pdf
- Elishiba Kimani and Wanjiku Kabira. (September, 2014). Influencing National Policies towards Sustainable food Security through Gender Mainstreaming. In Prime Journal of Social Science (PJSS) ISSN: 2315-5051, Vol. 3((), pp. 837-841, September 29th, 2014. http://primejournal/continents/2014/se.htm
- Pauline W. Kamau, Elishiba Kimani and Grace Wamue-Ngare. (Septrmber, 2014). Gender Relations in Utilisation of Micro Finance Resources among Women in Kiharu Constituency, Murang’a County. In Merit Research Journals of Art, Social Science and Humanities (ISSN:2350-2258) vol 2(7) pp. 095-100, Setember,2014. http://meritresearchjournals.org/assh/september.htm
- Elishiba Njambi Kimani. (September 2014). Challenges in Quality Control for Postgraduate Supervision. In International Journal of Humanities Social Sciences and Education (IJHSSE). Volume 1, Issue 9, September 2014, PP 63-70. ISSN 2349-0373 (Print) & ISSN 2349-0381 (Online). arcjournals.org. http://www.arcjournals.org/ijhsse/2014_ijhsse_vi-i9.php
- Pauline W. Kamau, Elishiba Kimani and Grace Wamue-Ngare. (August 2014). Gender Relations in Access to Micro Finance resources among women in Kiharu Constituency, Murangá County-Kenya. In Prime Research on Education. ISSN: 2251. Vol. 4(5), pp. 717-722, August 11th, 2014. http:/primejournal.org/PRE/contents/2014/aug.htm
- Grace Ngure, Nyakwara Begi, Elishiba Kimani and Maurine Mweu. (July 2014). Utilization of Instructional Media for Quality training in Pre-Primary School Teacher Training Colleges in Nairobi County, Kenya. In Research Journali’s Journal of Education. 2/No. 7July/2014 ISSN 2347. 8225. www.researchjournali.com/pdf/798.pdf.
- Dorothy M. Elijah, Elishiba N. Kimani and Geoffrey M. Wango. (December 2013). Gender-related Challenges faced by students in learning technical courses in Machakos Technical Training Institute, Machakos County-Kenya. In Woodpecker Journal of Educational Research. wudpeckerresearchjournals.org ISSN 2315-7267. Vol. 2 (10)
- Elishiba N. Kimani (June 2013). HIV/AIDS and the Community with Reference to Kenya. PPRIME Journals: The Prime Journal of Social Science. primejournal.org/PJSS. ISSN: 2315-5051.
- Tabitha Wang’eri, Elishiba Kimani, Samuel Mutueleli. (April, 2012). ‘Transitional Challenges Facing First Year Students in Kenyan Public Universities: A Case of Kenyatta University-Kenya’. Oriental Journals on International Review of Economics and Management. 2, No. 1. Online: www.oriental journal.org
- Wanjiku Mukabi Kabira and Elishiba Njambi Kimani. (December, 2012). ‘The Historical Journey of Women’s Leadership in Kenya.In The Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies (JETERAPS) 3(6): 842-849. Online: jeteraps.scholarlinkresearch.org
- Joan Kabaria-Muriithi, Lucy Ngigi, Elishiba Kimani. (October, 2012). ‘Factors Predisposing Women to Intimate Partner Violence in Kenya’. In The Journal of Emerging Trends (JETEAS, JETEMS, JETERAPS). OCTOBER 2012 EDITION, Volume 3. Number 5). Online Journal:http://www.ijarr.com
- Josephine Kisulu. Elishiba Kimani, Donald Kombo. (2012). Factors influencing occupational aspirations among girls in secondary schools in Nairobi region – Kenya. In Prime Research on Education (PRE). ISSN: 2251-1253. Volume 2, Issue 4, pp. 244-251. Online Journal-www.primejournal.org/PRE
- Elishiba Njambi Kimani and Donald Kisilu Kombo. (2011). An Investigation of Community Participation in the Development of Schools and Income Generating Projects in Rural Areas in Kenya. In British Journal of Educational Research 1(1): 58-68. Online Journal-www.sciencedomain.org.
- Mwikamba Kaibui, R. W. Gakuru, J.N. Kathuri and N. Kimani. (2011). The Role of Retired Agricultural Extension Workers in Enhancing Farmers Socio-economic Development in Thika District-Kenya. In Egerton Journal of Humanities, Science and Education. Vol. x, 2011. Njoro: Egerton University.
- N. Kimani and M.N. Ndani: (2011). Challenges faced by teacher students of Kenyatta University in accessing further education through e-Learning: In Global Education, Science, Technology and Public Policy Initiatives for Sustainable Development in Africa. Fall 2011 Edition. Volume 1 no. 1.
- Elishiba Njambi Kimani and Donald Kisilu Kombo. (October 2011). Abortion in Kenya: An Examination of its causes and Effects on Female Students in Secondary Schools and Colleges in Kenya. In Journal of Education & Social Sciences. Issue Number 2 Vol 1: Education, Human Resources Production and Social Economic Transformation in the 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities. Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology.
- Elishiba Njambi Kimani and Donald Kisilu Kombo. (2010). Challenges facing nuclear families with absent fathers in Gatundu North District, Central Kenya”.In The African Symposium: An online Journal of the African Educational Research Network. Issue (volume 10, No. 2). On line -the African Symposium (ISSN#TX 6-342-323).
- Elishiba Njambi Kimani and Donald Kisilu Kombo. (2010). Gender and Poverty reeducation a Kenyan context. In Education Research and Reviews International Academic Journals. January 2010; 5 (1). On-line ournal::http://academicjournals.org/ERR2/contents/2010cont/Jan.htm.
- Kimani E and Maina L (2010). Older Women’s Rights to Property and Inheritance in Kenya: Culture, Policy and Disenfranchisement. In International Journal of Ethics and cultural Diversity in Social Work. On-line journal: http://pdfserve.informaworld.com/636052_929899868.pdf
- Elishiba Kimani and Kaibui Mwikamba (2010). Gender Dynamic in Science and Technology. In Journal of Agriculture, Science and Technology (JAGST). Volume 12 (2) 2010.
- N. Ndani and E.N. Kimani. (2010). Factors Influencing Early Childhood Development Teachers; Motivation in Thika District, Kenya. In African Journal of Teacher Education AJOTE Volume 1 Number! Summer 2010. ISSN:1916-7822.
- N. Ndani and E.N. Kimani. (2009). Community Participation in School Teacher Motivation and Adequacy of the Physical Learning Environment. In Isiphethu Solwazi: Unizulu International Journal of Education. Volume 1 Number 1 2009. ISSN 2078-7545. Also Online-URL:www.isiphethu.uzulu.ac.za.
- Elishiba Kimani. (2008). Gender Issues and HIV and AIDS in Universities. In ChemChemi International Journal of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences: Volume 5 Number 1, 2008.