Dr. Fabio Maroma Ogachi
Name: Dr. Fabio Ogachi Maroma
Areas of specialization
- Brief interventions, Political psychology, Gambling and substance use disorders.
- Social and Behaviour change communication, Evidence-based research
Maroma, F. O., Karega, M., & Oteyo, J. S. (2019). Relationship between depression and pathological Internet use among university students. Cypriot Journal of Educational Sciences, 14(2), 201-207.
Ogachi, F. M., Muchiri Karega, D., & Mvungu, E. N. Prevalence and factors associated with gambling disorder among Kenyan university students involved in sports betting. http://www.ijern.com/journal/2020/April-2020/11.pdf
Maroma, F.O, Karega, M. & Eunice, M.N. (2020). Efficacy of brief motivational interviewing intervention for treating gambling disorder among university students in Kenya: a randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Liberal Arts and Social Science, 8(11), 11-20. https://ijlass.org/articles/188.8.131.52-20.pdf
- Curriculum design and implementation
- Research and Training
- Translating research into policy and practice
Affiliation to Professional bodies
- Kenya Counsellors and Psychologists Association