Dr. Tadayo Kibaba Makokha
Refereed journal papers
- Makokha Kibaba 2018 Reflections On Bukusu Ecological Wisdom and Virtue in Environmental Ethics Discourse in international journal of African society culture and tradition European-American Journals by European Centre for Research, Training and Development U.K (www.eajournals.org)Vol. 6 No.1 February 2018 pp15-27 ISSN 2055-0197 Print ISSN 2055-0200 Online
- Makokha, Kibaba. (2017). The depth of deep ecology in question: reflections on environmental ethics theory. Journal of African Interdisciplinary Studies (JAIS) (online), Volume 1, Number 3, December 2017. ISSN 2523-6725. Pp. 84 – 96.
- Makokha Kibaba and Winfred Kyalo 2015:Ethical Objections to Commercial Farming and Consumption of Genetically Modified Foods in Kenya in Thought and Practice: A Journal of the Philosophical Association of Kenya (PAK)New Series, Vol.7 No.1, June 2015, at http://ajol.info/index.php/tp/indexISSN: 2076-7714
- Makokha,Kibaba 2013: The Ethical Foundations of Environmental Conservation and Sustainable Development in Thought and Practice, A Journal of the Philosophical Association of Kenya.Vol.5 No.2.Dec. 2013 at http://ajol/.info/index.php/tp ISSN:2076-7714
- Makokha K. 2000: African Psyche by Joseph Nyasani: in CHEMICHEM, Faculty of Arts Journal, Kenyatta University.Vol.1 2000.
- Makokha K. & Muthiani. 2008: “The Role of Ethics in Environmental Protection”in Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Tertiary Education in Kenya. 2. Eds. Fuchaka Waswa, Samuel Otor, Daniel Mugendi, 2008.ISBN:9966-776-34-6
- .Makokha Kibaba2008: “Tapping Culture in the Course of Environmental Conservation and Development: Lessons from the Kaya Forests, Coast Province in Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Tertiary Education in Kenya. 2. Eds. Fuchaka Waswa, Samuel Otor, Daniel Mugendi, 2008. ISBN:9966-776-34-6
- Makokha Kibaba 2004:“Ethnicity, Nationhood and Civil Society in Kenya “in Cultural Heritage and Contemporary Change Series Vii Culture and Values Vol. 17 Civil Society Who Belongs. Council for Research in Values and Philosophy, Washington. 2004.ISBN 1-56518-197-2
Scholarly Presentations at Conferences
- Kibaba Makokha & Solomon Karani. Reinforcing Positive Health Habits by Tapping the Ritual of Kumuse in Bungoma District. Findings of research presented during workshop held on 10th – 12th 2003, Safari Park, Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Makokha Kibaba: “Tapping Culture for a Noble Cause: Lessons from the Ritual of Kumuse in Reinforcing Health Habits in Bungoma District, Western Kenya.” Paper presented at the 10th General Assembly of CODESRIA held in December 2002, Kampala, Uganda.
- Makokha Kibaba: “Integration of Social-Cultural values in Environmental Conservation and Development: A Case Study of Kaya Villages Coast Province of Kenya” research proposal presented at the Gender and Social Science workshop held in October, 1999, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Makokha Kibaba: “Man and Nature Relationship in African Philosophy of Nature” Paper presented at the 9th General Assembly of CODESRIA held on 14th – 19th December 1998, Dakar, Senegal.
- Makokha Kibaba: “Human Nature Conflict: A Methodological Discourse”. Paper presented at 1st CODESRIA Methodological Seminar held on 8th – 12th June 1998 at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi.
- Makokha Kibaba “Me/Now Syndrome and Environmental Crisis”. Paper presented at the Third International Jacobsen Philosophy Conference held on February/March 1996 at the University of Zimbabwe, Harare.
- Makokha Kibaba “Role of Philosophy in Primary Teacher Education” Paper presented at seminar on Teacher Education held in June 1992 at New Castle Hotel, Eldoret.