Rev. Dr. Humphrey Mwangi Waweru
Name: Rev. Dr. Humphrey Waweru
Personal Philosophy Statement: The ever growing body of literature in the African theology in the past 20-30 years is reaching a near saturation point, in our times. We are at the crossroads, and the question is ‘How can African theology survive the self repetition of mere cultural apologia or contextualization stereotypes, and mature into a critical theoretical discipline responding to the challenges of the postmodern world-order?’ Featured in the ‘The Bible and African Culture: Mapping Transactional Inroads.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Articles in Referred Journals - indicate separately the joint individual/ Authored with students/local/Kenyan and international journals/publications
- Humphrey Waweru, 2020. African Theology in Theology, Philosophy and Religions: Celebrating John Samuel Mbiti. Lexington Books Issue Nov 24, 2020
- Humphrey M. Waweru, 2019, Israeli-Palestinian Question: A Biblical perspective, Jumuga Journal of Education,Oral Studies, and Human Sciences (JJEOSHS), Volume 2, No. 1, 2019, ISSN: 2618-1517. Available online : http://jumugajournal.org/index.php/jjeoshs/article/view/17/17
- HUMPHREY M. WAWERU & JACKLINE M. WAMUKOYA ,April-2018: THEOLOGY OF COHABITATION AMONG THE YOUTH IN THE KENYAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. International Journal of Innovative Research and Knowledge Volume-3 Issue-4,ISSN-2213-1356
- Humphrey M. Waweru, 2018, African theological Understanding of Eco-Justice Paperback – September 13, 2018
- Humphrey M. Waweru And John Obiero Otieno, 2018, Chaplaincy And Behaviour Change Of Students In Church Sponsored Public Secondary Schools Insiaya County, Kenya , IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Volume 23, Issue 6, Ver. 5 (June. 2018) PP 47-56
e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845.
- Alexander Mwita, Humphrey Waweru, PhD,2018:The Impact of Different Audiences among Authors of the Synoptic Gospels: An Exegetical Exploration of Synoptic Problem in the Gadarene Demoniac Story “Work Forming Part of the Requirements for the Degree of Master of Arts In Religious Studies of Kenyatta University”, Saudi Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (SJHSS)
- Waweru H.M & Kathambi Fridah, 2018, The Role of the Methodist Church in addressing the issues of the aged in Kenya, International Journal of Innovative Research and Knowledge, Volume-3 Issue-2, February-2018, ISSN-2213-1356
- Waweru H.M, 2018, African Theology in the 21st Century: Mapping Out Critical Priorities, European Scientific Journal, March 2018 Vol.14, No.8 ISSN: 1857 – 7881 (Print) e - ISSN 1857- 7431 Doi: 10.19044/esj.2018.v14n8p213 URL:http://dx.doi.org/10.19044/esj.2018.v14n8p213
- Waweru Humphrey M, 2018, Religious Radicalism in East Africa- A Unique Problem, Scholars Academic and Scientific Publishers Journals, Vol 6 No. 1 pages 1-6, ISSN 2347-5374 (Online), ISSN 2347-9493 (Print) , DOI: 10.21276/sjahss.2018.6.1.1 Available online:http://saspjournals.com/sjahss-61/
- Waweru Humphrey M, 2017, Religion, Justice, and Human Rights: Understanding Routes of Radicalization in Africa, International Journal of Innovative Research and Knowledge, Volume-2 Issue-12, ISSN-2213-1356
- Waweru HM 2011. The Bible and African Culture: Mapping Transactional Inroads. Eldoret: Zapf Chancery.
- Waweru HM 2008. Dowry in African Marriage: an Alternative Voice.Journal of Swedish Missiological Themes, Vol.96.No. 2. 2009, p 245-262.
- Waweru HM 2008. Jesus and Ordinary Women-An African Perspective, Journal of Swedish Missiological Themes, Vol.96.No. 2. 2008, p 139-159.
- Waweru HM 2007. African Worship- A means for Christian Mission and Scholarship- Journal of Swedish Missiological Themes, Vol.95, N. 2, 2007, p 171-184.
- Waweru HM 2007. Postcolonial and Contrapuntal Reading of Revelation 22:1-5, Churchman-A Journal of Anglican Theology Vol. 121 No. 1, 2007, p 23-38.
- Waweru HM 2007. Postcolonial and Contrapuntal Reading of Revelation 22:1-5, Churchman-A
- Waweru HM 2006. Reading the Bible Contrapuntally: A Theory and Methodology for a Contextual Bible Interpretation in Africa, Journal of Swedish Missiological Themes, Vol. 94, No.3, 2006, p 333-348.
- Humphrey M. Waweru, 2020, African Theology in a Postcolonial Perspective, Franciscan Kolbe Press, ISBN 978-9966-138-04-0 (First Edition)
- Humprey M. Waweru, 2011. the Bible and African Culture, Mapping Transactional Inroads. Zapf Chancery, Eldoret, Kenya