Title/Qualifications: PhD, MA, Bed (KU)
Department/Unit/Section: Philosophy and Religious Studies
Contact Address: P.O. BOX 43844 - 00100 Nairobi, KENYA.
Tel. No.: 254-2-810901- 19 Ext. 57461.
Position: Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization: African and Christian Studies
Research Interests: Religion, Religious Movements, Culture, Development, Family, Media and Research.
Download Full CV
- The Forbidden Love: A Critical Analysis (originally Same Gender Unions: A Critical Analysis). Nairobi: Uzima Press, 2004 (With Martha Mbuguss et al).
- Introduction to the Bible and the Qur’an, A Module for ARE 101: Introduction to the Bible and Qur’an, Co-authored With Newton M. Kahumbi, for the Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University, 2002. (I did the Part on the Introduction to the Bible).
- Christian Crusades in Nairobi: An Analysis of Socio-Religious Factors Underlying Their Upsurge. Social Science Research Report Series No. 9. OSSREA, 1998.
Articles in Journals/Books
- Kwemboi, Philip, Cyprian Kavivya & Zacharia W. Samita. 2020. Salvation Army’s Contribution to Economic Empowerment of Women in Bungoma County, Kenya, Journal of Humanities and Social
- Nininazwe, Bella, Zacharia W. Samita & Tom Kearney. 2019. How Human Capital Enhances the Sustainability of Informal Businesses for Burundian Women Refugee in Nairobi County, Kenya, International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce, Vol. 9 Issue 10, October 2019, 67-75.
- The following articles in Building a Solid and Integrated Church in the 21st Century, P. N. Njoka. Nairobi: Evangel, 2010.
- With Bernard G. Nyabwari, “History and Spatial-Temporal Development of the ACK Diocese of Nairobi”, pp. 7-12.
- With Patrick M. Kamau, “Evangelism as the Core Business of the Church”, pp. 59-98.
- With Jonathan Kabiru, “Main Challenges Facing Christians in Nairobi”, pp. 127-132.
- With Bernard G. Nyabwari & Peter N. Njoka, “The Church as the Conscious Voice of the Society”, pp. 171-190.
- Management of Conflict and Restoration of Lasting Peace. In Kenya Thabiti Task Force 2008/Inter-Religious Forum. 2009. Root Causes and Implications of the Post-Election Violence of 2007, pp. 108-125.
- The Family in New Christian Religious Movements. In Responsible Leadership in Marriage and Family. Mary N. Getui (Ed). Nairobi: Acton, 2008, pp. 109-127.
- Historical Overview of the Church in Kenya. In How Healthy is Your Church: A Survey of Church Health in Nairobi. Peterson Wang’ombe (ed). Nairobi: ACM-FTT, 2006, pp. 11-14.
- Inter-Faith Dialogues: Examples From Institutions in Kenya. In Voices From the Third World. Inter-Faith Dialogue: Listening to African Voices. Vol. XXVIII No. 2. December 2005. pp. 198-214.
- “Religion For Peace Not Pieces”. In Overcoming Violence: A Faith-Based Response, Eds. M. Getui & W. M. Musyoni. Nairobi: NCCK, 2003, pp. 243-258.
- “Christian Expressions From Euro-Americas to Africa With Reference to Nairobi, Kenya”. In Emerging Christian Expressions and Challenges of Christian Fundamentalism, AACC Africa Challenge Series No. 11, Nairobi: AACC, 2003, pp. 35-53.
- “Development Within African Evangelical and Pentecostal Churches’’. In Quests for Integrity in Africa, Eds. M. Theuri & G. Wamue, Nairobi: Acton, 2003, pp.113-124.
- Reflection on Christian Evangelistic Crusades in Kenya. In AICMAR Bulletin, Vol. 1/2002., pp. 90-109.
- African Cities and Environmental Challenges”. In Quests for Abundant Life in Africa, Eds. M. N. Getui & M. M. Theuri, Nairobi: Acton, 2002, pp. 175-186.
- "Churches And AIDS In Kenya". In Theology of Reconstruction: Exploratory Essays, Eds. M. N. Getui & E. A. Obeng, Nairobi: Acton, 1999, pp. 172-190.
- "Indigenous Theologies: An EATWOT Response". In VOICES From the Third World. Vol. XXI, No. 1, June 1998, pp. 247-252.
- "The African Church of the Holy Spirit: Origins and Advent in Kabras Division, Kakamega District". In TransAfrican Journal of History, Vol.25, 1996, 1998. pp. 123-145.
- "Toward Harmonizing Christian Commitment and Academic Excellence: The Example of Jesus Christ". In The Christian Educator: Journal of Religious Education, Vol. 10 No. 1 1997.