Dr. Anna Miti Kula
Title/Qualifications: DR. PhD – Literature; M.A – Literature; B.Ed (English & Literature) – 1st Class honours
Department/Unit/Section: Literature, Languages and Linguistics
Contact Address: Kenyatta University, P.O. Box 43844-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Area of Specialization: Literature – African Literature, gender studies, literature and human rights
Research Interests: Literature and human rights; education and early exposure to literature in native languages
Articles presented to journals
- August 2019: Philosophy of Literature: The Aesthetics of Swahili Verb; The Horizon Journal of Philosophy
- 2019: Human rights and displacement in literature: the case of M. Mwangi’s Kill Me Quick and K. Kombani’s The Last Villains of Molo. Africology: The Journal of Pan African Studies
Conference and Workshop papers
- September 2019: 1st International Conference on Advanced research in Humanities and Social Sciences (ICAREHS): Paper; “Governance: Voices of Selected African Creative Artists”
- February 2019: International Mother Language Day (IMLD) Conference 2019: “Hallowing Mother Language and Cultural Diversity in Africa”; co-presented a paper ‘Something strange here; where language meets literature’.
- July 2018: Facilitated a workshop on academic and work-place writing skills
- September 10, 2013: East Africa at 50: A Celebration of Histories and Futures. Read a Paper “Kenya at Fifty: Stocktaking and Evaluation in Margaret Ogola’s Mandate of the People”
- August 2013: Participated in Africa Storybook Project pre-conference.
- July 2011: Core-facilitated a workshop on the teaching of Diploma in Education Life Skills Option at Marist International University College.
- June 2010: Participated in a 2-week Life Skills Workshop in Chennai, India.
- 12th -17th April, 2004: Attended a Workshop on Infusion of Human Rights in the National School Curricular.