Prof. Oluoch Obura
- Black Literatures from Africa and the Diaspora
- African Cinema and Film Studies
- Black Aesthetics in the Performing Arts
- Applied Theatre & Discourses of Development
- Higher Education Management and Quality Assurance
- General Research Methods in Humanities
- Gender Mainstreaming and Cultural Production in Africa
- Mwai, Wangari & Oluoch Obura. The Female Imagination: A Biographical Dictionary of East African Literary Artists. Berlin: Lambert Publishers, 2010.ISBN-13.978-3838391885.
Recent Peer Reviewed Articles
- Ahmaddu, Danbello, John Mugubi and Oluoch Obura. (2017). “Form and Style of Chamba Leko Oral Songs’ Performance.” Nairobi Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.1 Issue 2. ISSN 2520-4009. Pp. 97 – 106.
- Dianga, Rachel and Oluoch Obura. (2016). “African Images in Kenyan Film as a Response to Colonial “Misrepresentations” in Charles Kebaya, Pamela Ngugi& Miriam Osore. Eds. Language and Translation: Theory, Pedagogy and Practice. Nairobi: Nsemia Publishers. ISBN-13: 978-1926906478. Pg. 31-58.
- Nyam, Esther, John Mugubi & Oluoch Obura. (2017). “Exploring Research Findings on the Conflicts in Jos-Nigeria.” Nairobi Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.1 Issue 2. ISSN 2520-4009. Pp. 67 – 76.
- Ouno, Victor Onyango, Oluoch Obura and Arthur Luvai. (2016). ‘Representation of Individual Will as the Agent of Social Transformation in Wole Soyinka’s Novels.’ International Journal of Advanced Research, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 1292-1318. ISSN No. 2320-5707.
- Ouno, Victor Onyango, Oluoch Obura and Arthur Luvai. (2016). ‘Internal Dialectical Contradictions in Soyinka’s Novels: Acquisitive Physical Appetites and the Quest for Spiritual Values.’ International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 2009-2025, ISSN No. 2320 -5707.
- Yamma, Solomon Obidah, John Mugubi and Oluoch Obura. (2017). “The Impact of Globalization on Izara Festival in Plateau State, Nigeria.” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 8, Issue 1, January-2017. ISSN 2229-5518. Pp. 944 -951
- Obura, Oluoch & J. K. S. Makokha. Eds. African Literature Research: Trends, Issues and Emerging Perspectives. (Forthcoming 2021).
Conferences and Seminars
- Kenya Oral Literature Association (KOLA) Workshop In Mombasa 2009
- Regional Workshop on Social Science & Conflict Analysis – Khartoum Sudan 2009.
- Attended workshop – Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Oldenburg/Berlin August 2007.
- AICAD Workshop on Regional Resource Persons Workshop for translators and export trade promotion in Commercial grafts from East Africa ‘The Use of Performance Techniques’ – July 2007