Dr. Stephen Muthoka Mutie
Name: Dr. Stephen Mutie
Published Articles in Peer- Reviewed and Refereed Journals
- Mutie, S. (2018). “Self-mythologization in East African Political Writings: Kenyatta, Nyerere and Museveni.” Eastern African Literary and Cultural Studies, Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group. ISSN: 2327-7408 (Print) 2327-7416 (Online) http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showCitFormats?doi=10.1080/23277408.2017.141 3828
- Mutie, S., & Goro-Kamau, N. (2018) “Women, Patriarchy and Power: Perspectives from Marjorie Oludhe Macgoye’s Writings” Laikipia University journal of Social Sciences, Education and Humanities. Vol. 1(1) Pp. 100-109. ISSN No. 2301- 1010
- Mutie, S. (2017). “Rethinking Feminism in Post-colonial Kenya: A Critical Look at Two Kenyan Female Writers’ Novels.” Cardinal Rugambwa Journal of Educational Research (CARJER). ISSN: 2467 – 4826, Vol. 1 (1), pp. 19 – 30. http://carumuco.ac.tz
- Mutie, S. (2016). “Marjorie Oludhe, Your Literary Lamp Shines on” Saturday Nation, December 10th, pg. 31.
- Mutie, S., Kitonga, N., & Mang’oka S. (2016). “A Seed on Good Soil or a Seed on Rocks: Museveni’s Contestations with Political Language in Sowing the Mustard Seed” Journal of Literature, Languages and Linguistics, Vol. 21, 2016: pp. 7-11
- Mutie, S., et al. (2015). "Jomo Kenyatta’s Speeches and the Construction of the Identities of a Nationalist Leader in Kenya." English Language and Literature Studies; Vol.5, No. 2; pp. 53-64.
- Mutie, S., et al. (2015)."The Ghost Within: A Literary Study of East African Nationalist Leaders Writings." International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences.Vol. 5, No. 6 (1). pp. 10-20.
- Mutie, S., and Somba, A. (2017). A Symbiotic Relationship between Creative Writing and Politics in Postcolonial Africa. Mara International Journal of Social Sciences Research Publication,Vol. 1, No. 1, Pages 1 – 6
- Mutie, S., and Goro-Kamau, N. (forthcoming) “Women, Patriarchy and Power: Perspectives from Marjorie Oludhe Macgoye’s Writings” Laikipia University journal of Humanities and Education
- Mutie, S. (2012). “No Fence Sitting in Literature.” The Egerton Mirror. Issue No. 04. P.2
- Mutie, S. (2013). “Literature Department Does Us Proud.” The Egerton Mirror. Issue No. 05.P.2
- Mutie, S. (2013). A Study Guide to When the Sun Goes Down and Other Stories from Africa and Beyond. Nairobi: Palm Shade Publishers.
- Mutie, S. (2016). The Devil’s Empire. Nairobi: Palm Shade Publishers.
- Mutie, S. forthcoming (2017). Kamba Mythology, Witchcraft and the Ethos of Political Elusivity.
- CODESRIA Gender Institute, Feminist Scholarship, Universities and Social Transformation, Dakar Senegal, May 14 May 25th 2018
- Egerton University 11th international Conference and Innovation Week, 29th- 31st March 2017, Egerton, Njoro, Kenya
- 3rd Chuka University International Research Conference, 26th to 28th October, 2016, Chuka University, Kenya
- Laikipia University, Nakuru Campus CORETRAIN (Consultancy, Research and Training) proposal writing workshop, 6th August, 2016
- Workshop on Teaching and Researching in Education. Organised by MKU in Safari Park Hotel, Nakuru, May 6th – 9th. 2015
- Yatta English/Literature Teachers’ Workshop. Machakos High School. Organized by East African Educational Publishers. Co-facilitator, 2014
- Stephen Mutie:Subaltenity and Resistance in Kenyan Political Autobiography,Egerton University, Njoro, Kenya.28-31 March, 2017.
- Stephen Mutie:“A Voice from the Desert”: Politics of Survival and Ideographs of Resistance in the Kenyan Political Autobiography British Institute of East Africa, Nairobi,3rd Friday Nov., 2017.
- Stephen Mutie:Ideographs of Resistance, Class Suicide and Identity Construction in the Kenyan Political Autobiography Chuka University, Chuka, Kenya,26th-28th Oct., 2016.
Book Reviews and Reports
- Ghost and the Fortune Hunters by Goro wa Kamau, Longhorn Publishers, 2016 (Daily Nation
- Trapped Tales by Dr. Samuel Abonyo, Pangolin Publishers, 2014
- The Passionate Affair by Adrian Onyando, Pangolin Publishers, 2012
- The Mirage by Jerrie Mutuku, Scholar Space Publishers International, USA. 2011