Dr. Gatitu Kiguru
Title/Qualifications:PhD in Applied Linguistics
Department/Unit/Section: Literature, Linguistics & Foreign Languages
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 – 00100, Nairobi
Mobile: +254733 232 284
- Book Chapters
Kiguru, G. (2019). Legal linguistics in Africa: framing the agenda for an emerging. Legal linguistics beyond borders In F. Vogel (ed.) Language and law in a world of media, globalization and social conflict (p. 39-57). Berlin: Duncker & Humblot in a nebulous.
- Mwangi, P., Kiguru, G., & Nthiga, P. (2018). The English Language and the Refugee Identity: Insights from Dadaab Refugee Camps. In D. O. Orwenjo and H. A. Tunde (eds.) When "Home" Means more than one Country: The Discursive (Re)construction of Identities in Trans-national Communities. Germany: Lincom Europa.
- Kiguru, G. Ogutu, E., & Njoroge, M. C. (2016). Interpreting in Judicial Settings In H. Kebeya, M. Osore, P. Ngugi and C. Kebaya (eds.) Language and translation: Theory, pedagogy and practice (p. 79 - 102). Nairobi: Nsemia Inc.
- Journal Publications
Kiguru, G., Mwangi, P., Nthiga, P., & Kimuyu, C (2019) Language and Witchcraft as a Trade: Insights from Machakos County, Kenya. Journal of Organizations No. 23 (pp 59 – 77) ISSN: 2013-570X; EISSN: 1886-4171.
- Kiguru, G., Mwangi, P., & Nthiga, P. (2019) Bridging the Distance in Distance E- learning. Msingi Journal of the Department of Educational Foundations, 1 (2) pp. 38-49.
- Nthiga, P. Kiguru, G., & Mwangi, P. (2019) Adult Education and Development: Lessons from Somaliland. Msingi Journal of the Department of Educational Foundations, 1 (1) pp. 18-34.
- Kiguru, G. (2010). At the Mercy of Others’ Voices: An Illustration of Frequent Interpreter Language Errors in Kenyan Courtrooms. Nairobi University Journal of Language and Linguistics. Issue 1 (1-18)
- KLB Visionary English Activities Learner’s Book (Grade 1 & 2)
- KLB Visionary English Activities Teacher’s Book (Grade 1 & 2)
- KLB Home Fun Visionary English Activities (Grade 1)
- Gatitu Kiguru (2009). Court Interpreting in Kenya: The Ideal and the Practice. Proteus: Newsletter of the National Association of Judicial Interpreters (U.S.A)