Dr. Kariuki N.Banda
- The Whale Rider: A Guide. Jomo Kenyatta Foundation 2014. (Co-authored with Harriet Mugambi)
Papers Presented at International Conferences
- 'Professional Imaginative Writing in Kenya from the 1990's to the Present: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities'. Paper presented at the Moi University 3rd Annual International Conference at the
- Margaret Thatcher Library on 3rd August 2007. Moi University, Eldoret, Kenya.
- 'Coming Out' in the Borderlands: A Queer Reading of Diriye Osman's "Your Silence Will not Protect You." A paper presented at Free Unversity of Berlin, Department of English Philology, Graduate Students Colloquim on 14th November, 2013. Berlin.
- 'Queer Borderlands: The Diasporic Imaginary in Diriye Osman's "Your Silence Will not Protect You". A paper presented at the First Conference on Researching African Literatures; Pwani University, Kilifi, Kenya. 13th December, 2014
- "Language and Silences in Lesbian Narratives: the Case of Monica Arac de Nyeko's 'Jambula Tree'". A Paper Presented at the International Mother Language Day Conference at Kenyetta University (Kitui Campus) on February 22nd, 2019
Internal/External Thesis Examination and Other Academic Duties
- October, 2018: Appointed internal examiner for Abubakar Salihu's MA thesis. Registration C50F/28134/14 "An Ecocritical Reading of subjectivity in Helon Habila's 'Oil on Water' and Kaine Agary's 'Yellow-Yellow'"
- "Lesbian Dilemma in Confronting Hetersexual Hegemony in selected African Prose Fiction". Gitahi Wairimu Beth Reg. No: C50/33989/2015 (Ongoing)
- 13th November 2017: Appointed staff mentor for the academic years 2017/2018 and 2018/2019.Seminars, Workshops and Training
- Staff Mentors Seminar organized by the Kenyatta University Mentoring Programme on 26th January 2018
- Member, Moi University Alumni
- Member, Kenyatta University Alumni
- 2019- Present: Chairman Board of Management (B.O.M) Kamweli Secondary School
- 2016-2019 Chairman Board of Management (B.O.M) Siakago Boys High School.
- 2016-2019 Chairman Board of Management (B.O.M) Kamweli Secondary School.
- 2014- 2016: Member of the Board of Management (B.O.M) Siakago Girls National School