Commissioner Dr. Speranza Ndege, PhD;MSc Cbis;MA;BEd; Pgdip e-Teaching;Pgdip.PTO;CCNA,Cert.EIA/EA;FHEA
- Ndege Speranza, (2016) Networking & Data Communication in an Institution of Higher Learning. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, OmniScriptum GmbH & Co. KG, Saarbrücken, Germany ISBN: 978-3-659-95705-
- Ndege S.M (2012) ORELT Open Resources for English Language Teaching:Module 3 - Success in Reading, Vancouver, Canada, Common Wealth of Learning ISBN: 978-1-894975-46-9
- Ndege,S.M. Bukenya, Mpesha (1991) ‘Theory and Methods in Oral Literature, Nairobi University Press.
Published in Book Chapter
- Ndege S.M (2004) Ethnopoetics: A new approach to the study of Oral Narrative in Africa and its Application’, in ATWS-Kenya Chapter, Disparities In Developing Countries, types, Challenges and the Way Forward. Nairobi. Oakland Media Services Ltd.Pp.60-74
- Ndege, S.M, (1997) ‘Gender and the Oral narrative Among the Ameru’ article, in Kabira,W.; Masingila M,; Obote M. (eds) Contesting The Social Death, Essays on Gender and Culture Pp. 153-169. Nairobi: KOLA
- Ndege, S.M., (1994) ‘The Use of Audio-Visual Aids teaching Oral Literature in the Primary and Secondary Schools’ in A. Bukenya, W. Kabira & O. Okombo (eds) Understanding Oral Literature, 70-77. Nairobi: Nairobi University Press.
Publication in Referred Journals
- Ndege S.M and Kiura M.K (2016) A Demonstration of Meru and Mbeere Oral Narratives as Cultural Performance In Saut Multi-Disciplinary, Journal of Education.Pg 42 (published with a PhD Student)
- Ndege, S (2013) Creating Awareness on Safe Migration from Analogue to Digital: The Case of Kenya, Journal of Engineering Technologies (JET) in Malawi,First Issue. 2013
- Ndege S, Alakonya A, Ejobi F, Resto, M. (2008) Antibacterial activity of extracts from plants growing in the Lake Victoria basin. 1: 63-69
- Ejobi F., R.D.Mosha, S. Ndege and D. Kamoga (2007) Ethno-Veterinary Medicinal Plants of the Lake Victoria Basin: A Bio-prospection. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 6 (2): 257-261
- Ndege S, et al (2007) Rethinking Agricultural Higher Education in Public Institutions of Sub-Saharan Africa (online Journal)
- Ndege S, et al (2004) Diagnosis of Postgraduate Training Needs in Agriculture and Food via Open and Distance Learning (PG-ODL) in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- Ndege, S.M (2002) ‘Myth’ as the Historical Basis of the Meru Folktales’ in Maja Boskovic-Stulli, Lauri Honko, Toshio Ozawa, Uther and Ward (eds) Fabula: Journal of Folktale Studies. New York/Berlin: Walter de Gruyter.
Published in Conference Book of Proceedings & Book of Abstracts
- 2014 Ndege, Speranza, Using Technology to Improve Teaching and Learning of Literature in Secondary Schools and Tertiary Institutions, paper presented in a workshop at Pwani University 11th – 13th December 2014
- 2014 Ndege, Speranza, A Demonstration of Oral Narratives as Cultural Performance, paper presented in a workshop at Pwani University 11th – 13th December 2014
- 2011 Ndege, Speranza, How Technology is Transforming Education & Benefits of e-Learning and Distance Education to distant learners, paper presented at the London Conference on Cyberspace, UK, on 1-2nd November 2011
- 2009 Ndege, Speranza , ‘e-Learning: Addressing Major Pedagogical Approaches within Virtual Learning Environments’ paper presented at the Education Technology Conference held at Kenyatta University on 14th-16th July 2009.
- 2008 Ndege, Speranza, Delivering eLearning in Institutions of Higher Learning: Important Pedagogical Issues and Approaches, paper presented at the 3rd International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training An Annual Event for Developing eLearning Capacities in Africa, Accra International Conference Centre, Accra, Ghana, May 28 – 30, 2008
- 2006 Ndege, Speranza, ‘The practicability of conducting eLearning in African Institutions of Higher Learning: The Case of Kenyatta University in Kenya’. Presentation made at the 12th International Conference on Technology supported learning and training for online EDUCA Berlin, a Conference held from November 29th – 1st December 2006 at the Hotel Intercontinental, Berlin.
- 2005 Ndege, Speranza,‘Language, Communication, Thought and Development in the 21st Century’ paper presented in a conference on Innovations and challenges in Education, Environment & Natural Resources Management and Communication & Development in the 21st Century at Moi University, Eldoret on 14th –17th February,
- 2003 Ndege, Speranza, ‘Ethnopoetics: A new Approach to the Study of Oral narrative in Africa and Its Application’ paper presented in the Fourth International Conference of the Association of Third Studies (ATWS), Disparities in Developing Countries: Type, Challenges and the Way Forwards at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, September 17th – 19th 2003.
ACADEMIC THESIS (MAJOR RESEARCH STUDIES)
- Ndege, Speranza (2006) Networking and Data Communication in an Institution of Higher Learning, Sunderland University (United Kingdom), MSc Thesis,
- Ndege , Speranza (2002) ‘The Kimeru Folk Narrative: An Ethnopoetics Study’ Ghent (Belgium), PhD Thesis.
- Ndege,Speranza (1988) ‘Morphological Study of the Miitine Small Clever Animal Stories’. Nairobi, M.A Thesis.
Publication in Referred Journal (with Phd Student)
- Rebecca Wambua, Christopher Gakuu, Harriet Kidombo, Speranza Ndege, (2019), Learner support system and academic performance of distance learning students in selected Kenyan public universities. Teacher Education Through Flexible Learning, 2019 Vol. 1, No.1, University of Pretoria.
Rebecca Wambua, Christopher Gakuu, Harriet Kidombo, Speranza Ndege, (2018), Learners’ self efficacy and academic performance of distance learning students in selected Kenyan public universities. Journal of Education and Practice www.iiste.org ISSN 2222-1735 (Paper), ISSN 2222-288X (Online) Vol.9, No.32
- Rebecca Wambua, Christopher Gakuu, Harriet Kidombo, Speranza Ndege, (2018),Curriculum resources and academic performance of distance learning students inselected Kenyan public universities. Journal of Education and Practice www.iiste.org, ISSN 2222-1735 (Paper), ISSN 2222-288X (Online)Vol.9,No.32
- Speranza Ndege, Moses Kiura (2016), A Demonstration of Meru and Mbeere Oral Narratives as Cultural Performance In Saut Multi-Disciplinary, Journal of Education, Vol. 1 (1) Pg 42. ISSN 1821-1885.