Victor Kizito Omasaja
Name: Victor Kizito Omasaja
Workshops, Courses And Seminars Attended
- 2013: Course on Teaching Methodology at Kenyatta University Business Centre Areas covered: Teaching methodology, Setting of Examination, Administration of Examination and Marking and Analysis of scores.
- 2010: International Conference on Multilingualism at Kenyatta University Conference Centre. Hosted and organized by the Department of English and Linguistics (for 2 days).
- 2007 (25th to 26th October): Sensitization workshop on English Literacy Norms (ELN) at Kenyatta University. (For 2 days).
- 2004 (11th September): St Charles Lwanga Catholic Church pastoral Council Seminar.I was involved as a member of St. Mary’s small Christian Community. Areas covered: Leadership, Sacramental life, Family life, Self reliance, Marriage encounter and Behaviour changes.
- 1996: Kenyatta University English and Linguistics Department curriculum review at Garden Hotel Machakos. We revised and implemented the revised curriculum. We repeated the exercise in the same venue in 2010.
- 1991: Oral English Seminar organized by the Ministry of Basic Education at Kenyatta University College.Areas covered: Micro teaching, Pronunciation, preparation and use of Audiovisual Aids, Elementary phonetics (Lang lab), Foreign Language experiences methodology among others.
- 1989 (8th to 11th): Course on ELT Pre-service teachers training at the Stem Hotel Nakuru.Participated as a representative of Siriba college. Topics covered: Theory and practice on Teacher Training, organization, observation and evaluation of teaching practice, Integrating Language and Literature, Pre-service and In-service Links.
- I am revising my PhD. Proposal on the “Impact of hurtful utterances on the listeners”. The main objective is to look for ways of reducing quarrels in homes and workplaces through effective communication on the part of the individual speakers. The Literature I have reviewed so far suggests that this is possible.
Hobbies And Interests
- I enjoy reading books on philosophy and Christianity. I also like observing trees and watching birds and being inspired and interacting with nature. I also love collecting wooden carvings.