Dr. Mary Makokha
Address: P.O Box 43844-00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
Area of specialization : Ground water resource Monitoring and Management
- Groundwater resources management, monitoring, Contaminant transport, Water quality, Geochemistry of groundwater
- Hydrogeology and impacts of climate change on groundwater resources
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS INVOLVING POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
Articles in Refereed Journals
- Ndemere J, Makokha M., and Moses T. (2017), Characterization of soil and water conservation technologies used on different landscape positions in Maziba sub catchment:Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology and Sustainable Development, (JABSD) Volume 6,Issue 5, (JABSD) edition [ISSN 2141-2340](online), Accepted May 2017.http://www.academicjournals.org/JABSD
- Nyakundi R.M., Makokha M., Mwangi J.K. and Obiero C. (2017), Analysis of Rainfall Trends and Periodicity in Ruiru Location, Kenya: International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 7, Issue 3, (IJRSP) edition [ISSN 2250-3153] (online), pages 28- 39
- Comte J., Cassidy R., Obando J., Robins N., Ibrahim K, Melchioly S., Mjemah I., Shauri H, Bourhane A., Mohamed I., Noe C., Mwega B., Makokha M, Join J., Banton O., Davies J;(2016), Challenges in groundwater resource management in coastal aquifers of East Africa: investigations and lessons learnt in the Comoros Islands, Kenya and Tanzania: Journal of Hydrology: Regional StudiesVolume 5, March 2016, Pages 179–199.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrh.2015.12.065
- Olonga R.O., Ndunda E., Makokha M. (2015). Seasonal variations of physico-chemical and microbiological characteristics of groundwater quality in Ruiru, Kiambu county, Kenya.International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), Volume 5, Issue 12,December 2015 Edition [ISSN 2250-3153]. www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-1215/ijsrpp4862.pdf
- Nyakundi R.M., Makokha M., Mwangi J.K. and Obiero C. (2015).Impact of rainfall variability on groundwater levels in Ruiru municipality, Kenya. African Journal of Science Technology Innovation Development. Taylor and Francis publisher Vol 7 (5) pg 329-335.http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/20421338.2015.1085157
- Makokha M., Kobayashi A., Shigeyasu A., 2008. Numerical Modelling of Seawater Intrusion Management Measures, Journal of Rainwater Catchment Systems, 14 (1), pp. 17–24.
- Makokha M, Kobayashi A., Shigeyasu A., 2008. Effect of Tidal Fluctuation on Velocity Distribution in Coastal Aquifers, Journal of Rainwater Catchment Systems, 13 (2), pp. 1–6.
- Makokha M, Kobayashi A, Shigeyasu A, 2007. Effect of Velocity Distribution on Contaminant Transport in Coastal Aquifers, APCOM’07 – EPMESC XI; Third Asian Pacific Congress on Computational Mechanics in conjunction with the Eleventh International Conference on Enhancement and Promotion of computational methods in Engineering and Science, Kyoto International Conference Centre, Kyoto, Japan, December 3 -6, CD–ROM.
- Makokha M, Kobayashi A, Shigeyasu A, 2006. Solute Behavior through Two Layered Strata under Seawater Intrusion Condition; Proceedings of Japanese Society of Irrigation Drainage and Reclamation Engineering (JSIDRE) Conference, Osaka, Japan, November, CD –ROM.
- Makokha M, Kobayashi A, Shigeyasu A, 2006. Contaminant Transport Through homogeneous Layer under Seawater Intrusion Condition; Proceedings of Japanese Society of Irrigation Drainage and Reclamation Engineering (JSIDRE) Conference, Utsunomiya, Japan August, CD–ROM.