Dr. Raphael Kweyu
Title/Qualifications: MSc (Biogeography), B.Ed
- Kweyu, R:Evaluating climate change adaptation projects in Kitui County London, UK February 15-19, 2015 PRISE-ODI
- Kweyu, R, Figuring out community perceptions in conflicts of forest Resources Access in Eastern Mau of Kenya, Dakar, Senegal, August 5-23, 2013
- Kweyu, R, The influence of Socio-economic factors on trees outside forests in Sio River Basin, Kenya, The Lake and Catchment Research Symposium (LARS), Nairobi, Kenya, March 14-18, 2011
- Kweyu, R (2011). Trees Outside the Forests (TOF); A case of Sio River Basin, Kenya, the Interactions between TOF and Landuse/ Landcover. Verlag Dr Muller, Saarbrucken. ISBN 978-3-639-33334-3
- Kweyu, R., Obando, J and Murimi, S. (2011). The influence of Socio-economic factors on trees outside forests in Sio River Basin, Kenya, The Lake and Catchment Research Symposium (LARS) http://www.uni-siegen.de/zew/publikationen/pdf/lars_proceedings_2011.pdf
- Barthelme J, Hunt K, Ngari L, Kipintoi W, Kweyu R, and Murimi S (2009). Renewed Survey and Excavations in the Lake Magadi Basin Southern Kenya in Nyame Akuma, Bulletin of the Society of Africanist Archaeologists No. 71 June 2009
- Kweyu, R & Wamalwa H,2014:Evaluating climate change adaptation projects in Kitui County ODI,7500
- Kweyu, R,2013:Finger millet (Eleucine coracana) yield Estimation: Integrating Remote Sensing and Indigenous Knowledge in Western Kenya International foundation of Science,11800
Workshops and Trainings
- August 10-11, 2015: Post Graduate conference on History & Environment at the Histroy Department in the University of Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania
- February 14-19, 2015: Pathways for Resilience in Semi Arid Economies (PRISE) workshop at London School of Economics, London-UK.
- April 4-5 May, 2014: An exchange programme at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark under the Stabilizing Kenya through Solving Forest related Conflicts (STAKE) project of Wangare Maathai Institute of peace and environment studies. Sponsored by Danish Development Agency (DANIDA)
- April 8-9, 2014: Qualitative research training workshop in Lillestrom, Norway
- August 5-23, 2013: Laureate in the Democratic governance Institute in Dakar, Senegal
- February, 25- 5 March, 2013: Experiential learning course in Nicaragua, Central America
- September-November 2012: An exchange programme at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark under the Stabilizing Kenya through Solving Forest related Conflicts (STAKE) project of Wangare Maathai Institute of peace and environment studies. Sponsored by DANIDA
- June 11 – 15, 2012: Proposal Writing Workshop on Neglected and Underutilized Species (NUS) of Plants, in Lilongwe, Malawi. The workshop was funded by the European Union in cooperation with the ACP Science and Technology Programme.
- Oct 3rd – 5th 2011: Society for Conservation GIS Advanced ArcGIS training from at the ESRI Eastern Africa, Nairobi.
- April, 2007: Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCRCD), attained a certificate in ArcGis 1 and 2