Dr. Kennedy Obiero
- Attended and Presented a Paper entitled “Use of Geospatial Techniques in analysis of Water Resources in Lake Victoria Basin, Kenya) during annual conference by Hydrological Society of Kenya (2015)
- Attended Soil and Water Management Research in East and Central Africa Seminar organized by Prof. N. Hatibul, Nairobi, 2004 (National)
- Attended Seminar on ‘Teaching and Learning in Higher Education’ March 2005, Nairobi, 2005 (National) –
- Attended Ecological Society of East Africa (ESEA) conference in Nairobi
- I presented a paper entitled “Thunderstorms and their Impact on Water Resources in Lake Victoria Basin of Kenya” during International Conference on Sustainable Management of Headwater Resources, Nairobi, 2002.
- I presented a seminar paper entitled “Thunderstorm Hazards and their Impact in the Lake Victoria Basin of Kenya” during the 1998 Post Graduate Seminar.
- Mingate, FLM, Latema, S & K. Obiero (2019). Designing Institutional Arrangements for Collaborative Governance of Forests in Kenya Using a Delphi Process. Journal of Scientific Research and Reports, 1-11.
- A Waithaka, K.S. Murimi & K. Obiero (2020). Effects of Temporal Rainfall Variability on Water Quality of River Ruiru, Kiambu County, Kenya. ChemSearch Journal 11(1), 59-65.
- Kimamo, J. , Makokha, G. & Obiero, K. (2019). The Analysing of Rainfall Variability on Wheat Growing Season in Narok County, Kenya. Asian Journal of Science and Technology, 10 (02), 9404-9409.
- Mingate, F. L. M., Latema, S and Obiero, K. (2016). Designing a Functioning Community Forest Association: A Case of Mulieshi, Kaklamega County, Kenya. Asian Journal of Applied Sciences 4 (5).
- Mbaka, C. K., Muiruri, P. Obiero, K. & Kisaka, M. O. (2018). Intra-regional accessibility and take-up of grid electricity among rural households: A Case of Meru Sub-county in Kenya. International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy 14(1), 88-113.
- Mbaka, C. K., Muiruri, P. Obiero, K. & Kisaka, M. O. (2016). An evaluation of grid based rural electrification adoption dynamics in Meru South Sub-county, Kenya. International Journal of Energy and Statistics 4(02), 1650010.
- Obiero, K. (2016). Analysis of the Use of Remote Sensing and GIS Techniques in Analysing Hydrological Characteristics of River Gucha Basin, Western Kenya. Hydrological Society of Kenya, Nairobi.
- Kennedy Obiero (2005). “Thunderstorms In the Nile Headwaters, Lake Victoria Basin of Kenya” IN Prasad, H., Abate, K. and Ondieki, C. M. (editors) (2005). Sustainable Water Resource Management, Tara Book Agency, Kamacha, India, pp 402-411
- For more publications – Check Google Scholar on-line – Obiero Kennedy
- My intention is to undertake a teaching and research career in the University, conduct consultancy and enhance e-learning techniques.
Areas of Interest
- Hydrology and Water Resources, Climatology and Climate Change, Environmental Science/Resources; Geomorphology, Remote Sensing and GIS and E-Learning.