Dr. Shadrack Kiana Murimi
Area of specialization
Hydrogeomorphologist with working knowledge in regional integrated watershed management (IWM), and climate vulnerability capacity analysis (CVCA) through geoinformatics methodologies (remote sensing and gis) for community based adaptations.
BOOK CHAPTERS PUBLISHED BY REPUTABLE PUBLISHERS
- Authors: - Mwadini, K; J. Obando, and S. Murimi. (2018).
Chapter Title: - Effects of Irrigation Management Practices on Water Allocation among Farmers in Kiladeda Sub-Catchment, Tanzania.
Chapter 4: In. Book Title: Hydrology and Best Practices for Managing Water Resources in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands. Editors: C.M. Ondieki; J.U. Kitheka. Publishers: - IGI Global. U.S.A. [Pp. 70 – 92].
- Authors: - Mutuma E, Mahiri I, Murimi S, Njeru P. (2015).
Chapter Title: - Adoption of water resource conservation under fluctuating rainfall regimes in Ngaciuma/Kinyaritha watershed, Meru County, Kenya.
Chapter 14: In. Book Title: - Adapting African Agriculture to climate change, climate change Management: Editors: Walter LF, Esilaba AO, Rao KPC, Sridhar G. Publishers: - Springer, 2015. [Pp 159-169]. ISBN 978-3-319-12999-0. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-13000-2_14.
- Authors: - Ondieki, C.M. and Murimi, S.K. (2004).Chapter Title: -Applications of Geographic Information Systems.In. Book Title: - Environmental Monitoring, VOL II (2004).
Developed under the auspices of UNESCO, Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS); UNESCO Publishers, Oxford, UK. [EOLSS BOOK E6-38A-06-05]
[http://www.eolss.net/Sample-Chapters/C09/E6-38A-06-05] TO ACCESS FULL CHAPTER. Visit Link: - http://www.eolss.net/Eolss-sample AllChapter.aspx
- Authors: - Murimi, S.K. and Prasad, H.
Chapter Title: - Modeling Potential Soil Erosion in Lake Nakuru Drainage Basin.
- Author: - DR. Shadrack K. Murimi
Abstract Title: - Reconstruction of Quaternary and Current Spatial-Temporal Trends in the central Rift Valley Lake Basins in Kenya through Satellite Imagery Processing and GIS Analysis. In: AARSE – (2016). Book of Abstracts: - 11Th International Conference of The African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment: Conference programme and Book of Abstracts: Kampala, Uganda. p 162.
vii). Ondieki, C.M., Sinda, P., Murimi, S.K. and Prasad, H.
Abstact Title: - An overview of the Water Resources in Lake Turkana Watershed and its Implication for Community Livelihoods. In, G.Forch (eds) SERIES, VOL. 9. CICD. Lake and Catchment Research Symposium Proceedings. (LARS, 2011), Pp 89 - 90.
- Authors: - Mutuma E, Mahiri I and Murimi S. (2010).
Abstract Title: - Assessment of adoption of water resources conservation under fluctuating rainfall regimes in Ngaciuma Watershed, Kenya. In: Eric Tielkes (eds). Book of Abstract: - International research on food security, natural resource management and rural development, Hamburg. Hrsg: Tropentag 2010. Book of abstracts p 137. ISBN: 978-3-9801686-7-0.
ARTICLES IN REFEREED JOURNALS
- International Journals
Murimi, S.K., (1994). “Falling water levels in saline lakes of central Rift Valley of Kenya”. The International Journal of Salt Lake Research; Vol. 3 pgs. 65-74.
- Regional Journal
Murimi, S.K., (1993). “The drying up of East Africa Rift Valley Lakes in recent times; the case of Lake Elmenteita, Kenya”. Journal of Eastern African Research and Development; Vol. 23 pgs. 40-62.
- Mutuma, E., S. Murimi, and E. Micheli, and V. Lang’. (2015). “Analysis of Rainfall Characteristics Important to Agricultural Planning in Ewaso Nyiro South Watershed, Narok County, Kenya”. In. Journal: Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment.
- Jokha M., S. Murimi and C. Kihampa, (2014). “Degradation of water resources by agricultural pesticides and nutrients, Weruweru, Tanzania”. In, Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment, 5(2): pgs. 192-201.
- Murimi, S.K., Prasad, H. & Obando, J., (2011) “Change detection of Mau forest cover and Lake Nakuru, using multi-temporal remote sensing data and GIS techniques,” In, G.Forch (eds) SERIES, VOL. 9. CICD. Lake and Catchment Research Symposium Proceedings. (LARS, 2011), Pp 161 – 177.
- Kweyu, R., Obando J. & Murimi, S.K (2011) “Trees Outside Forests as influenced by Land Use and Socio-Economic factors in River Sio basin, Kenya”; In, G.Forch (eds) SERIES, VOL. 9. CICD. Lake and Catchment Research Symposium Proceedings. (LARS, 2011), Pp 95 – 104.
- Prasad, H. and S.K. Murimi. (2010): “Water Resource Utilization, Impact and Management in the Lake Nakuru Watershed in Kenya”, Journal of Contemporary Management Research, Vol. 1, Issue-2, 2010; pgs. 2-13.
- Barthelme, J; Murimi, S.K.; Ngari, L.; Kweyu, R; Kipintoi, W.; Kurt, H. (2009). “Renewed Survey and Excavations in the Lake Magadi Basin, Southern Kenya”. NYAME AKUMA Journal; No.71 pgs. 54-62.
- Barthelme, J.W., Murimi, S., Ngari, L. Delong, R., Statler, T., Chartier, R., Munyazi, W. (2006). “Undergraduate Field course and Research in the Lake Magadi Basin, Kenya”. June 2007. Unpublished Report to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and National Museums of Kenya.
- Murimi, S.K. and H. Prasad. (2005): “Land use changes and hydrological responses in the Lake Nakuru Basin”, Sustainable Management of Headwater Resources Journal; 2005 pgs. 155-164.
- Ondieki, C.M. and S.K. Murimi. (2004): “Applications of Geographic Information Systems”, Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), 2004, UNESCO.
- Barthelme, J; Murimi, S.K.; Ngari, L. (2003). “Recent Archaeological Research in the Lake Magadi Basin, Southern Kenya”. NYAME AKUMA Journal; No. 60 pgs. 8-13.
- Murimi, S.K. and H. Prasad. (2002): “Modelling Potential Soil Erosion in Lake Nakuru Drainage Basin”, Ecohydrology Journal, Vol 3 pgs. 65 - 74.