Dr. Samuel M. Mwangi
Title/Qualifications: Ph. D
Aging issues among them old age economic insecurity, social protection for the vulnerable older adults, health care policy and access, palliative care for older adults, and rights of the older adults in developing countries, social statistics, and research methodology.
- Kimani, F. W., Cademartiri, Liu, X., Mwangi, S. M., and Thuo, M. M. (2018). Global Increase in Development of Low-Cost Rapid Diagnostic Devices in the Developing World: The Kenyan Case. PLOS ONE Medicine.
- Mwangi, S., Mugenda, O. M., and Maina, L. (2016). Retirement Life in Kenya: Experiences of Retirees Receiving Lumpsum Pension Benefits
- Mugenda, O.M., Maina, L.W., Kimani, E., Nawiri, M.P., Wamburu, M. W. & Mwangi, S.M. (2014). Risks and opportunities associated with paying lumpsum benefits to retirees in Kenya: implications for income security. Research Report submitted to Retirement Benefits Authority.
- Muia, D., Maina, L. and Mwangi, S. (2013) Changing Intergenerational relationships and their implications on family functioning in Africa. International Journal of Research and Education. Vol 1. No. 10. October 2013.
- Mwangi, S.M., Gachanja, P.M., Mugenda, O. L, & Karagu, N. M. , 2013, Potential for Positive Socio-Economic Transformation through Rural Industrialization: Evidence from Magana Industrial Park in Kenya., International Journal of Research and Education, 8, 1 -17.
- Daniel M. Muia, Lucy W. Maina And Samuel M. Mwangi, 2013, Changing Intergenerational Relationships and their Implications on Family Structure and Functioning in Africa, International Journal of Education and Research
Vol. 1 No. 10 October 2013
- Mwangi, S. M., Yamashita, T., Ewen, H. H. & Kunkel, S. K., 2012 Globalizing gerontology education: current practices and perceptions in U.S. graduate gerontology programs., Gerontology & Geriatrics Education, 33, 198–217.
- Mwangi, S. M., 2009, International Non-Governmental Organizations working in the field of ageing. In E. Palmore, F. Whittington, & S. Kunkel (Eds.)., International Handbook on Aging 3rd Ed. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers.
- Mwangi, S. M. (Forthcoming). Support systems for rural older Kenyans. In Kunkel, S., de Medeiros, K.S., and Whittington, Global Ageing: Comparative perspectives on aging and the life course, 2nd Ed. Thousands Oak, CA: Springer Publishing.
- Mwangi, S.M. (2014). Social support systems for rural older adults in Kenya. In Kunkel, S., Brown, J.S., and Whittington, F., pp. 250 – 254, Global Ageing: Comparative perspectives on aging and the life course. Thousands Oak, CA: Springer Publishing.
- Mwangi, S. M. (2009). International Non-Governmental Organizations working in the field of ageing. In E. Palmore, F. Whittington, & S. Kunkel (Eds.). International Handbook on Aging 3rd Ed. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers.
- Mwangi, S. M. (2009). Kenya. In E. Palmore, F. Whittington, & S. Kunkel (Eds.). International Handbook on Aging 3rd Ed. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers.
- Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) (2019). Two research projects: Extending Pension Coverage to Informal Sector Workers; and Segmentation of Pension Benefits in Kenya. Funding organization: RBA. Amount: Ksh. 5,255,813 (Informal Sector Workers) and Ksh. 5,133,134 (Segmentation). Role: Co-Investigator.
- Kenyatta University Vice-Chancellor’s Research Grant. (2017). An assessment of the production of social science research by universities and its utilization by policy makers and practitioners in Kenya. Amount: Ksh. 1,500,000. Role: Co-Investigator.
- Iowa University Endowment Grant. (2015). Rapid diagnostic tests acceptance and usage by health care professionals in Kenya. Amount: US$10,000. Role: Co-Investigator.
- Kenyatta University Vice-Chancellor’s Research Grant. (2012). Multi-Dimensional Impacts of A Rural Industrial Park: The Case Of Magana Town, Kiambu County. Amount: Ksh. 2,507,600. Role: Co-Investigator.