- Common regulations for diploma programme in the university shall apply.
- General regulations for diploma programs in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences shall apply.
- Departmental regulations for diploma program shall apply.
- A certificate in Japanese language from Kenyatta University, Japanese Language
- Proficiency Test (JLPT) level III or a certificate from any other recognized institution.
- Master of Arts (French): Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Education (Arts) Degree of at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or its equivalent with a specialization in French, from a recognized university. Those with Second Class (Lower Division) may be considered on condition that they have Grade “C” and above in units relevant to their areas of specialization.
A student enrolled in the program shall be expected to take and pass examinations in all unit
Final examination will account for 70% while continuous assessment will be 30%.
Certification: Students in the Diploma Programme in Japanese will be required to successfully complete the 24 units offered to qualify for the award of Diploma of Kenyatta University in Japanese Language.
Units Codes and Titles
AFF 801: Translation and Interpretation AFF 802: Aspects of the French Language I AFF 803: French Phonology
AFF 804: Semantics and Lexicology
AFF 805: Field Methods in Language and Literature
AFF 806: History of African and Caribbean Literature in French
AFF 807: Seminar in Literature
AFF 808: Theory and Practice of Textual Criticism
AFF 809: French Language in the Modern World
AFF 811: Translation and Interpretation II AFF 812: Aspects of the French Language II AFF 813: History of French Literature
AFF 814: Stylistics
AFF 815: Study of Civilizations of the French Speaking World
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 May 2015 12:17