The general regulations for all undergraduate degrees in the University shall apply. The general
regulations for all undergraduate degrees in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences. The
following shall be eligible for admission into the BPPA degree programme:
- KCSE mean grade of C+ (plus) with at least C plain in Mathematics and English;or
- Advanced Level Certificate with Two principal passes and a credit in Mathematics
- O-Level certificate; or
- A Diploma with a credit pass in a relevant field from a recognized institution, with a
- KCSE mean grade of C (Plain) and C- (minus) in Mathematics and English.
- Any other qualifications acceptable to Senate.
- Mean grade of C- (Minus) at KCSE and progressed from certificate to Diploma at Kenyatta University or any other recognized/accredited Institutions.
Pattern and Duration of the Programme
The BPPA Degree Programme Is Designed To Take 4 Academic Years.A Total Of 50 Units Will Be Taken Comprising 49 Taught Units And Three Months Internship Equivalent To One Unit Students Will Be Required To Take A Maximum Of 7 Units Per Semester. A Student May Be Allowed To Take Eight Units With Permission From The Dean Of The School In Consultation With The Chairman Of The Respective Department On Condition That He/She Had Attained An Average Of 60% In The Previous Semester.
In The First Year Of Study, A Student Will Take 10 Core Units And 4 University
Common Units. In Second Year, A Student Will Take 12 Units.in the 3rd year and 4th year, students will take 8 core units and 4 electives per year
University examination regulations for undergraduate programmes shall apply. University examinations shall be given at the end of each semester and shall contribute 70 percent of the total marks, while the continuous assessment shall constitute the remaining 30 percent.The duration for the University examination shall be two (2) hours per unit.The minimum pass mark for each unit shall be 40%.
Candidates registered for an attachment must proceed for the exercise in the final year of study and write a report or a research project, which shall be marked and graded by the supervisor(s). A candidate who fails to satisfy the examiners in a retake examination shall be discontinued.
Each unit shall be marked out of 100. The marks shall be translated into letter grades as follows;(A)70% -100% ,( B) 60% – 69% (C) 50 %– 59% (D) 40 %– 49% (Retake/Fail) 39 and below
The final classification of the students on completion of the course shall be guided by the approved Kenyatta University regulations, namely: (A) 70% -100%- First Class, (B)60% - 69%- Second Class, Upper Division, (C) 50% - 59% Second Class Lower Division, (D) 40% - 49% Pass, (E)39% and below Fail
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 May 2015 11:10