DR. Gatitu Kiguru
Title/Qualifications:PhD in Applied Linguistics
Department/Unit/Section: Department of English & Linguistics
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 – 00100, Nairobi
Mobile: +254733 232 284
1) Court Interpreting in Kenya: The Ideal and the Practice. Proteus: Newsletter of the National Association of Judicial Interpreters (U.S.A)
2) At the Mercy of Others’ Voices: An Illustration of Frequent
Interpreter Language Errors in Kenyan Courtrooms. Nairobi
University Journal of Language and Linguistics. Issue 1, 2010
3) Writing Across the Primary Curriculum. Teaching Manual for EDU 383 Africa Nazarene University
CONFERENCE AND SEMINAR PAPERS
1) Creating Research Responsive Societies
Presented before Kenyatta University Linguistics Circle at the English and Linguistics Resource Centre, 27th March, 2013.
2) Steering the Middle Course? The Impact of Interpreters on Proceedings in Sampled Kenyan Courts
Paper presented at the ‘International Conference on Multilingualism and Education.’ Kenyatta University Conference Centre, 22nd – 23rd July, 2010
CONFERENCES AND TRAININGS ATTENDED
1) 15th December, 2012: ‘Methodological Training in Social Sciences.’ Kenyatta University Business and Students Centre.
2) 22nd – 23rd July, 2010: ‘International Conference on Multilingualism and Education.’ Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
3) 23rd – 25th February, 2009: ‘Languages Matter: First Pan-African Conference on Training of Translators, Conference Interpreters and Public Service