Research Interests: Aging issues among them old age economic insecurity, social protection for the vulnerable older adults, health care policy and access, palliative care for older adults, and rights of the older adults in developing countries.
- Mwangi, S.M., Gachanja, P.M., Mugenda, O. L, & Karagu, N. M. , 2013, Potential for Positive Socio-Economic Transformation through Rural Industrialization: Evidence from Magana Industrial Park in Kenya., International Journal of Research and Education, 8, 1 -17.
- Daniel M. Muia, Lucy W. Maina And Samuel M. Mwangi, 2013, Changing Intergenerational Relationships and their Implications on Family Structure and Functioning in Africa, International Journal of Education and Research
Vol. 1 No. 10 October 2013
- Mwangi, S. M., Yamashita, T., Ewen, H. H. & Kunkel, S. K., 2012 Globalizing gerontology education: current practices and perceptions in U.S. graduate gerontology programs., Gerontology & Geriatrics Education, 33, 198–217.
- Mwangi, S. M., 2009, International Non-Governmental Organizations working in the field of ageing. In E. Palmore, F. Whittington, & S. Kunkel (Eds.)., International Handbook on Aging 3rd Ed. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers.
- Mwangi, S. M., and Maina, L. W. 2013., “Family-related factors correlating with quality of life in Kenya” at Families and Ageing Workshop, North-West University Potchefstroom Campus, South Africa. July, 2013
- Mwangi, S. M., “Salient factors associated with growth of palliative care around the world” at First IAGG African Regional Conference on Ageing,Cape Town, South Africa 2012
- Mugenda, O. M., Maina, L. W., & Mwangi, S. M., “Perceived Quality of Life among Older Persons in Kenya: Implications for Old Age Policy” at First IAGG African Regional Conference on Ageing, Cape Town, South Africa 2012
- Mwangi, S. M., “Public health approach for palliative care” at Gerontological Society of America Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, USA, 2011