Department/unit/section: English & Linguistics
Contact address: Kenyatta University P. O. Box 43844 - 00100 Nairobi
Tel No:(+254) 0723152276
Download Full CV
- February 2015: ‘The role of social networks in the informal language learners of French by tourism workers in Mombasa County’ paper presented at foreign languages and literature conference theme foreign languages in africa in the 21st century
- DEC. 2014:‘The effect of schema on narrative comprehension: Wole Soyinka the interpreters’ Paper presented at 2014 Pwani University, Kenya; First International Conference on Researching African Literatures in the 21st Century .
- March 2002 ‘Ayaki ok Chira:lexico-semantic ambiguity in Dholuo aid terminology’ Paper presented at the First Nilotic languages workshop at Sunset Hotel, Kisumu.
- 2002-2004 conducted research in the area of natural text processing and led to the award of a Master of Art degree Egerton University.
- 2009 was part of the Kigali institute of Education(KIE) team that engaged in Teacher Education research in Sub-Saharan Africa (TESSA)
- 2007-2012 conducted research in prosodic phonology processing Led to the writing of a PhD
Book Chapter in Progress
- “ The journey beyond personal identity in Karen Blixen’s Out of Africa and Elspeth Huxley The Flame trees of Thika. In J.K.S Makokha , Jennifer Warrzink and Russell West-Pov Border-crossings
Major revisions and innovation of courses at KIE
- Introduced the course ELA 303 Research methods in Linguistics. This was approved by the senate at KIE and eventually borrowed by other departments across the university. This course was intended to help the undergraduates at KIE to write their BA /Bed at the end of the four course of study at KIE.
- 2008 January : elected member of Faculty Academic validation committee Responsibilities: Evaluation and quality assurance of the courses social sciences KIE
- 2007 January : elected head of English section in the department of languages and linguistics following a restructuring that brought all the languages: English, French, Kinyarwanda and Kiswahili under one department.
- 2007 November Member of institute academic validation panel.Responsibilities: Validated the new modules in the Arts and languages curriculum
Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 April 2015 11:04