Page 1 of 3
Title/Qualifications: PhD, M.A, BEd
Contact Address: Kenyatta University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences P.O. BOX 438444 Nairobi – Kenya
Department: Philosophy and Religious Studies
Position: Senior Lecturer
Telephone: (Office) 254-020-8710901 EXT. 57461
Mobile No: 0722989973
Download Full CV
Conferences, Workshops and Seminars Attended and Papers Presented
- Teacher-Mentor Induction Workshop, Kenyatta University. Paper Presented – The Relationship between Mentors and University Supervisors KUCC February 24th -25th 2014.
- Curriculum Development for Undergraduate Courses. Workshop leader at St. Pauls University (Requested by the University to facilitate the workshop).
- 11th Hekima College Symposium on Theology and Peace Building. Paper Presented “The Role of African Cultural Values in Educating for Development, Peace Building and Good Governance”. March 14th – 15th. and Cultures of Kenya”. August 4th 2011
- Institute of Spirituality and Religious Formation Symposium. Paper presented – Forms of accomplishment in Traditional African Cultures. Feb. 5th -7th 2 Institute of Spirituality and Religious Formation Symposium. Tangaza College. Paper presented- The Reality of Divination and Healing in African Traditional Culture- A response. February 6th.2007
- Regional Conference on Challenges of Muslims in Eastern and Horn of Africa. AVU Main Hall, Kenyatta University. August 1st – 4th 2006(Member of the organizing committee).
- Christian Brothers Karibu Programme. Loreto Mary ward Centre, Nairobi. Paper presented “African Traditional Religion and Spirituality”. July 24th – 31st 2006
- Kenya Association of Vocation Animators National Assembly Dimese Retreat Centre. Paper presented – Witchcraft and Evil Spirits in candidates and Religious life. October 23rd – 28th 2005
- National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahai’s of Kenya Seminar. Paper Presented “Strategies for Interfaith Activities in Kenya”. October 16th. 2003
- N.C.C.K. Interfaith Consultation on Conflict management and Peace Building. April 2003 KCB Management Centre, Karen, Paper presented – Building a culture of Peace through Reconciliation from an African Traditional Religion’s Perspective.
- Association of Theological Institutions in Eastern Africa. Sokoine University, Tanzania.
- The Association for the Study of Religions (AASR) Conference. Theme: Religions of the World in the Age of Globalization. Amani Conference Centre, Nairobi. August 27th – 31st 2000 (Member of the organizing committee).
- Bahai Faith Seminar. Grand Regency Hotel, Nairobi. 17 June 1998.
- The Akamba. A paper presented during Kenyatta University Culture Week. June 1998
- Association of Theological Institutions in Eastern Africa. J. J. Mcarthy Centre, Nairobi. Theme: The Mission of the Church in the 21st Century. April 19th – 23th 1995 (Departmental representative)
Books and Modules
- Serah Ngila, Nasimiyu-wasike, Michael T. Katola. The persistence of Iweto Marriage Among the Akamba Christians of Kangundo District. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012.
- Bernard G. Nyabwari, Michael T. Katola. Inculturation of the Gusii Traditional Concept of God Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012.
- Michael T. Katola and Zablon Nthamburi Sociology of Religion Module.Kenyatta University Press.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 March 2016 15:17