Page 1 of 2
Title/Qualifications: PhD, MA, Bed (KU)
Department/Unit/Section: Philosophy and Religious Studies
Contact Address:P.O. Box 43844-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Area of Specialization: African and Christian Studies
Download Full CV
- African Christianity and culture; religion, gender and sexuality; religion and reproductive health issues; youth studies; religion and development; Religion and Conflict Management; Gender, conflict management and peace building; Theology and Environment; Patristic History, Pentecostalism and Charismatic Renewal.
- Ecumenical Association of Third World Theologians, Resurrection Gardens, July 1998. Paper presented: “Political Violence in Kenya; The Case of Ethnic Clashes in the Rift Valley and their Impact on Women”.
- Workshop on Ethnicity, Community Relations and Civil Society in Kenya: Perspective from a New Generation Sports View Hotel October 1999: Paper presented: “Change and continuity in a Democratizing Kenya: An Analysis of Kikuyu Interaction with other Communities”.
- The Circle of Concerned African Women Theologians Kenyan Chapter Kenyatta University March 2000. Paper presented: “A Disfigured Body of Christ: A Denial of Women’s Sexuality”.
- Participated in a one week writers workshop on Christian Education for peace and reconciliation organized by All African Conference of Churches AACC between 7 – 12 August 2000 at KCCT, MbagathiPaper presented: “Abuse and Exploitation of children in conflict situations”.
- Ecumenical Association of Third World Theologians Dimesse Centre Karen 2000. Paper presented: A Theology of Work: The effects of Retrenchment in Kenya”.
- New Testament Seminar at Kenyatta University. Paper presented: “Mary’s magnificat. A song of Liberation for African Women”.
- Ecumenical Association of the Third World Theologians Kenya Chapter August 2002, St. Paul’s United Theological College Limuru, Paper presented: “Youth subculture: A challenge to the church”.
- Ecumenical Association of Third World Theologians, EATWOT Kenyan Chapter August 2003, Karen. Paper presented “Building a Democratic Society: The Role of the church in the Politics of Transition in Kenya”.
- Ecumenical Association of Third World Theologians, (EATWOT) Kenya Chapter August 2004, Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya, Ngong Road. Paper presented: “Challenges of Inter-Faith dialogue: Reflections in the face of Globalization and the war on Terror”.
- Ecumenical Association of Third World Theologians EATWOT Africa Region February 28th – 6th March, 2005 Accra, Ghana, Paper presented: “HIV/AID Rehabilitation Projects in Kenya: A Window of Hope for Women and Children”.
- International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance (IAEVG) held in Lisbon Portugal between 14 – 16 September 2005. Paper Presented: “Puberty Initiation Seclusion School”.
- African Institute for Contemporary Mission and Research paper presented: “The Gospel Symbol of the Kingdom and the African values of Hospitality and sharing”: A Response to the problems of famine in Africa. 2007
- 10thHekima college Symposium Paper Presented “Contesting Identities in the Context of Democratic Change in Africa” March 2009.
- County conversations organized by Taweza Communication, Paper presented” Search for Identity? Youth, Culture and Religion in the Mount Kenya Religion” November 2010.
- Circle For Concerned African Women Theologians (East African Region) Mystic Centre Nairobi, Paper presented” Women and Peace Building in Africa” August 2011.
- 12thHekima College Symposium Paper Presented “Theological Insights on Ecology and Technology towards Sustainable Development and Peace in Africa”.Hekima College Nairobi, March 2012
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 October 2017 07:53