Dr. Mwangi Gachara
Title/Qualifications: B/Ed., University of Nairobi; MA, PhD Kenyatta University
Area of Specialization: Metaphor Theory and Research.
Research Interests: Cognitive Linguistics; Metaphor in African languages, and the various ways to which Metaphor Theory is put into empirical practice.
Specialization Courses attended at Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam (2011)
- Introduction to Metaphor: Theory and Research
- Metaphor in Language: Style, Register, and Rhetoric
- Mwangi Gachara :Metaphors used in the Commodification of Kenyan Women Lancaster,UK,4th to 7th July,
- Mwangi Gachara :Metaphors of Gikuyu Dowry Negotiations.Cagliari,Sardinia Italy 21st to 23rd June, 2014
- Mwangi Gachara,2012:Gikuyu Metaphors of Marriage Negotiations:A Cognitive Linguistics Perspective,CODESRIA,$5,000
- Mwangi Gachara,2011:When Facts Lie,978-3-639-36822
- Mwangi Gachara:In Press Metaphors we marry by