Language Planning and Education, Syllabus Design and Materials Praparation, Academic Discourse, Genre Theory and New Rhetoric, Discourse Analysis, English Semantics and Pragmatics, Linguistic Field Methods, Varieties of English, English for academic and research purposes, and English Grammar and Usage.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Maroko M. G., Institutionalising trilingualism in Kenya: A language management perspective., Prague-Czech Republic, 13-14 September 2013
- Maroko M. G., Language materials for national development: A language management perspective., Nairobi- Kenya, 25-29 June 2013
- Maroko M. G., Citation practices in selected M.A and M.Sc theses in Kenyan Public Universities: Managing unwritten norms and beliefs, Tokyo-Japan, 1-2 October 2011
- Maroko, G. M. (2011). An appraisal of the sources of language input in selected English lessons by teacher trainees in Kenya. In R. Reinhelt (Ed). Second Language teaching places: Universities, colleges and other. Reinelt Research Laboratory, EU Matsuyama, Japan, p. 313 – 331.
- Maroko, G. M. (2010). The authentic materials approach in the teaching of Functional writing in the classroom. In Reinhelt, R. (ed). The new decade and (2nd) FLTeaching: The initial phase. Rudolf Reinelt Research Laboratory, EU Matsuyama, Japan, p. 71 – 87.
- Maroko, G. M. (2009). The genre approach to the teaching of thesis writing. In R. Reinhelt (Ed). Into the 21st Century in FL Teaching. Reinelt Research Laboratory, EU Matsuyama, Japan, p. 337 – 351.
- 15-12, Sharaton Hotel Kampala, Leading Facilitator in the preparation of a Trainers Manual for the EACFFPC course.
- Trained Administration Assistants of Kenyatta University between April 12 – 17, 2012 on Role of an Administration Assistant, Minute and Report Writing Skills held at the Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- Trained Administration Assistants of Kenyatta University between September 12 – 17, 2011 on Role of an Administration Assistant, Minute and Report Writing Skills held at the Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- Participated as a rapporteur in a Symposium on Educational Excellence organized by the Christ the Teacher Institute for Education (CTIE) on March 5 – 6, 2010 at Tangaza College, Affiliate College of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
- Attended a workshop at the Kenyatta University Linguistic Circle Seminar Forum on the READING to LEARN approach to academic writing on June 19, 2008. The workshop was facilitated by Prof. Michael Hart from the University of Kwazulu Natal, South Africa.
- Attended a training workshop at Kenyatta University on the e-Learning and Moodle teaching technology on June 4th- 6th, 2008. Issues such as time tabling, designing a course syllabus, and preparing teaching materials were covered.
- Participated in a workshop at Utalii Hotel on the English Literacy Norms (ELN) with a focus on primary school English literacy between Oct. 25th-26th, 2007: The focus was on establishing norms at each level of learning, designing curriculum, and preparing materials that will facilitate acquisition of the norms.
- Attended a seminar at Kenyatta University, Department of English and Linguistics on Writing for Publication on Dec. 18th, 2006. The facilitator was Dr Benam Okafor from Rutgers University, USA.
- Participated in a Training Workshop at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa on January 2005 whose theme was: Teaching at the University.
- Participated in a Training Workshop at Tangaza College (Christ the Teacher Institute for Education) whose theme was: Effective Lecturing Methods on December 2004
- Participated in a seminar organized by the National Focal Point on FGM in Kenya at KICC on May 2002 whose theme was: A situational analysis on the status of FGM eradication in Kenya.
Last Updated on Monday, 30 March 2015 12:17