Position: Senior Lecturer
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 , 00100 Nairobi
Private Address:P. O. Box 19514 – 00202 Nairobi, Kenya
E mail :
Research Interests: Hydrology and Water Resources, Integrated Watershed Management, Meteorology and Environment
View full CV
- Ontumbi G., J. Obando and C. Ondieki (2015) The influence of Agricultural Activities on the Water Quality of the River Sosiani in Uasin Gishu County, Kenya. International Journal of Research in Agricultural Sciences Vol 2, Issue 1, ISSN(Online): 2348-3997).
- Ondieki C. M. (2013): Hydrology and Integrated Water Resource Management for Sustainable Watershed Management in Kenya. In H. Muga and K. Thomas (Eds). Cases on the Diffusion and Adoption of Sustainable Development Practices( pp 352-375). Hershey, PA. Information Science Reference. (http://www.igi-global.com/chapter/hydrology-integrated-water-resource-management/73300. ISBN 978-1-4666-2842-7.
- Obiero K. and Ondieki C. M 2012. Use of Remote Sensing and GIS in assessing Land Cover/ Land use Change in River Gucha- Migori Watershed, Lake Victoria South Catchment, Kenya. Proceedings Kenya National Hydrological Society Conference, Naivasha Kenya. Pp 70-81.
- Muli, N., Ondieki C. M. and Wambua K. 2012: The Impact of Increased Urbanization on Flood Characteristics of Nairobi Watershed, Kenya. Proceedings Kenya National Hydrological Society Conference, Naivasha Kenya. Pp 142-152
- Ajigoh E., Ondieki C.M. and Obando J. 2012: A Rainfall- Runoff Model for Flood Mitigation in Nyando River Basin. Proceedings Kenya National Hydrological Society Conference, Naivasha Kenya. Pp 174-186
- Ondieki C. M. (2012): Water Dependencies: Systems under Stress and Societal Responses. Hydrological Society of Kenya Conference Proceedings (Edited) Kenyatta University Press. 214 pp.. ISBN: 978-9966-21-231-3.
- Ondieki C. M 2012: Challenges in Hydrological Research and Perspectives for Mt. Kenya Area. Proceedings Kenya National Hydrological Society Conference, Naivasha, Kenya. Pp 83-89.
- Ondieki C. M. 2012: ‘Challenges in Hydrological Research and Perspectives for Mt. Kenya Area.’ Proceedings National Kenya Hydrological Society Conference, Naivasha, Kenya. Pp 83-89.
- Ondieki C.M. 2011: ‘An Overview of the Water Resources in the Lake Turkana Watershed and its implications on Community Livelihoods.’ March 2011, LARS Conference Nairobi, Kenya
- Ondieki C. M. 2007: ‘Ecohydrology as a tool for Integrated Water Management for the Nile Basin.’ Paper presented in the Ecohydrology Workshop of Nile Friend. Jinja Uganda.
- Mwangi J., J. Gathenya and C. Ondieki ( 2007) Regionalizing Parameters of a conceptual Rainfall/Runoff model for Streamflow Estimation in ungauged catchments. Journal of Engineering Research and Practice Vol.4 No.2 (2007) pp 61-74.
- Agwata F. J , W. N.Wamicha and C.M Ondieki( 2007): Regionalisation of the Upper Tana Basin of Kenya Using Streamflow Records. Journal of Engineering Research and Practice Vol.4 No.2 (2007) pp 75-84.
- Prasad H., Abate K., and Ondieki C.M (2005): Sustainable Management of Water Resources: Challenges and Prospects. International Conference on Sustainable Management of Headwater Resources Proceedings (Edited), Tara Book Agency, India, 421 pp. ISBN: 81-85403-22-8
- Ondieki C. M. 2004 Environmental Impacts of Geothermal Energy Development in Kenya; 3rd. Kengen Geothermal Conference, Safari Park Hotel Nairobi, Kenya. Pp 147-151.
- Ondieki C.M and Murimi, S (2004): Applications of Geographic Information Systems in [Environmental Monitoring], edited by [Prof. Hilary I. Inyang and Dr. John Daniels], in Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), developed under the auspices of UNESCO, EOLSS. Publishers, Oxford, UK,[httpp://www.eolss.net]Ondieki C. M. 2014: ‘Interventions and Adaptation Strategies from Hydrological Research in Vulnerable Environments in Kenya’ HSK Workshop, KEWI ( Proceedings under preparation – July 2014)
- Ondieki C. M. Ogallo A. and F, Mutua 2003 Homogenous Regions From Hydroclimatological Data Of The Upper Ewaso Ngiro Basin-Kenya. Journal of the African Met. Society-Vol 6: 2 69-84).
- Ondieki C. M. Ogallo A. and F, Mutua 2002 Transfer Function Noise (TFN) models for short duration hydrological events in Ephemeral stream catchments in Kenya, Journal of African Met. Society- Vol. 5 No. 2 Sept.2002. pp 29-42.
- Obiero K, C. Ondieki and Chris. Shisanya 2002: Thunderstorms in the Lake Victoria basin of Kenya. Paper presented during the Headwater conference at USIU, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Ondieki C.M 2002 Design estimation methods for structures and hydrologic monitoring in Kenya’s urbanizing head water catchments Paper presented during the Headwater conference at USIU, Nairobi, 2002.
- Ondieki C. M. 1999: ‘The Role of Scales in Hydrological Processes in Kenya.’ IHP Kenya Project Planning Workshop, National Museums, Kenya, Nairobi,
- Ondieki C. M. 1999:A Simulation Study of the Urbanization Effects on Flood Frequency. (Journal of the African Met. Society-Vol. 4: 31-41).
- Ondieki C. M. 1997:The Potential of Ephemeral Flows in the Upper Ewaso Ngiro Basin, Kenya.( Environmental Monitoring Assessment, EMAS 45: 285-299)
- Ondieki C. M. 1995:Field assessment of flood event suspended sediment transport from ephemeral streams in tropical semi- arid catchments.(Environmental Monitoring Assessment, EMAS 35: 43-54).
- Ondieki C. M (1994): The Hydrological Characteristics of the Arid and Semi Arid Parts of Kenya. Ph. D Thesis, University of Nairobi, Kenya, 230 pp.
- Ondieki C. M. 1989: Approaches to the Hydrological Observations of the Ewaso Ngiro Basin in the Semi Arid Laikipia District. Proceedings of the first National Research Workshop on Meteorological Applications and Services. Pp 105-108., Nairobi, Kenya.
- Ondieki C. M. (1985): A Simulation Model For Studying The effects of Urbanization on Flood frequency, Msc. Thesis, VUB, Belgium, 89 pp.
- Ondieki C. M (1980): Fluctuations of Lake Victoria Levels, Kisumu Gauge. Bsc. Dissertation. Department of Meteorology, Faculty of Biological and Physical Sciences, University of Nairobi. 43pp