Dr. Shadrack Kiana Murimi
Area of specialization
Hydrogeomorphologist with working knowledge in regional integrated watershed management (IWM), and climate vulnerability capacity analysis (CVCA) through geoinformatics methodologies (remote sensing and gis) for community based adaptations.
Presentation of Papers in Academic and Professional Conferences
- Murimi, S.K., Prasad, H. & Obando, J., 2011 “Change detection of Mau forest cover and Lake Nakuru, using multi- temporal remote sensing data and GIS techniques,” Lake and Catchment Research Symposium, Kenyatta University Conference Centre, Nairobi, Kenya, March 14-18, 2011.
- Ondieki, C., Murimi, S. & Prasad, H., 2011 “An overview of the Water Resources in Lake Turkana Watershed and its Implication for Community Livelihoods,” Lake and Catchment Research Symposium (LARS), KUCC, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya; March, 14th – 18th, 2011.
- Murimi, S.K. “Change Detection of Mau Forest Cover, Using Multi-Temporal-Remote Sensing Data and GIS Techniques”. A paper to be presented at the International Technology Energy and Sustainable Rural Environment, February 23-25th 2011; Banaras Hindu University,Varanasi, India.
- Mutuma, E., Mahiri, I. and Murimi, S: “Adoption of water resource conservation under fluctuating rainfall regimes in Ngaciuma/Kinyaritha watershed in Imenti North district, Kenya”. Paper presented in the 12th Biennial Scientific Conference on 8th-12th November2010.
- Kweyu, R., Obando J. & Murimi, S.K, ―Trees Outside Forests as influenced by Land Use and Socio-Economic factors in River Sio basin, Kenya”, Kenyatta University Conference May 2009, Nairobi, Kenya
- Murimi, S.K.: “Landcover changes in the watershed of Lake Nakuru (Kenya ) and the consequent siltation in recent times”, paper presented during the workshop and training session held on 16th May, 2008, Tervuren, Brussels, Belgium.
- Murimi, S.K.: “An assessment of recent climatic and anthropogenic effects on water resources in Lake Nakuru Watershed;Kenya” paper presented during the DAAD International Seminar on ‘Topics of Integrated Water Resource Management’ held on 4th – 11th November, 2007, Travellers Lodge, Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
- Murimi, S.K.: “Climatic changes, extreme events and hydrological responses in the Lake Nakuru drainage basin”, paper presented during the International Conference on Sustainable Management of Headwater Resources held on 5th – 8th September, 2002, USIU, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mutuma, E., S. Murimi, and E. Micheli, and V. Lang’. (2015). “Analysis of Rainfall Characteristics Important to Agricultural Planning in Ewaso Nyiro South Watershed, Narok County, Kenya”. In Journal: Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment.
- Jokha M., S. Murimi and C. Kihampa, (2014). “Degradation of water resources by agricultural pesticides and nutrients, Weruweru, Tanzania”. In, Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment, 5(2): pgs. 192-201.
- Prasad, H. and S.K. Murimi. (2010): “Water Resource Utilization, Impact and Management in the Lake Nakuru Watershed in Kenya”, Journal of Contemporary Management Research, Vol. 1, Issue-2, 2010; pgs. 2-13.
- Murimi, S.K. and H. Prasad. (2005): “Land use changes and hydrological responses in the Lake Nakuru Basin”, Sustainable Management of Headwater Resources Journal; 2005 pgs. 155-164.
- Ondieki, C.M. and S.K. Murimi. (2004): “Applications of Geographic Information Systems”, Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), 2004, UNESCO.
- Murimi, S.K. and H. Prasad. (2002): “Modelling Potential Soil Erosion in Lake Nakuru Drainage Basin”, Ecohydrology Journal, Vol 3 pgs. 65 - 74.
- Murimi, S.K., (1994): “Falling water levels in saline lakes of central Rift Valley of Kenya”, In, International Journal of Salt Lake Research, Vol. 3 pgs. 65-74.