Title/Qualifications: M.Sc. and PhD in Geography
1. Natural Resources Management
2. Environmental Policy & Legal Framework
3. Local Knowledge and Participatory Approaches
- Mahiri, I.O.1998:Knowledges, Fuelwood, and Environmental Management in Kisumu District, Kenya – PhD Research in Western Kenya. Overseas Research Students (ORS) Award Scheme and University of Durham, UK.15,500
- Mahiri, I.O.1994:The Issue of Error in Spatial Data in Forestry Resource Mapping and Management – M.Sc. Library Research in UK. World Bank 7,700
- Mahiri, I.O.198:Forestry Survey through Aerospace Remote Sensing Techniques in Austria and Black Forest in Germany.ITC, the Netherlands.3,500
- Evans Mutuma & Ishmail Mahiri Assessment of adoption of water resources conservation under fluctuating rainfall regimes in Ngaciuma Watershed, Kenya Zurich, Switzerland,14th to 16th September 2010 World Food System – Europe
- Ishmail Mahiri Environmental and social impact assessments in a watershed Sportsmans Arms Hotel, Nanyuki, Kenya 31st July 2008 IWMNet, Siegen University, Germany
- Ishmail Mahiri Indigenous knowledge and sustainable management of natural resources within the wetlands of Lake Victoria Basin Sunset Hotel, Kisumu, Kenya,23rd to 27th May 2006,Lake Victoria Research (VicRes)
- Ishmail Mahiri Sustainable management of natural resources within the wetlands in Lake Victoria Basin Ngurdoto Mt Lodge, Arusha, Tanzania,23rd to 26th August 2005,Lake Victoria Research (VicRes)
- Mahiri, I.O.Dynamics of fuelwood demand and environmental management in Kisumu district, Kenya Department of Geology and Geography, West Virginia University, U.S.A,6th May 2002,West Virginia University, U.S.A.
- Mahiri, I.O.Knowledges, Fuelwood and Environmental Management in Kenya Geography Colloquium, Department of Geology and Geography, West Virginia University, U.S.A.14th January 1999,West Virginia University, U.S.A.
- Mahiri, I.O.Kenya: a land of diversity Morgantown North Rotary Club, District 7530 17th February 1999 Morgantown North Rotary Club, District 7530, West Virginia, U.S.A.
- Mahiri, I.O.The Historical Evolution of Forestry in Western Kenya University of Edinburgh, UK. Development Studies Association/Royal Geographic Society (DSA/RGS) Conference.24th – 27th May 1998,University of Durham, UK.
- Mahiri, I.O.The Historical Evolution of Forestry in Western Kenya University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK. International Conference on Africa and Globalisation: Towards the Millennium. 18th to 21st April 1998 University of Durham, UK.
- Mahiri, I.O.Postgraduate Research for Students in the UK.Guildford, University of Surrey, UK. International Conference of Institute of British Geographers/Royal Geographical Society (IBG/RGS) 5th to 8th January 1998 IBG/RGS Developing Areas Research Group (DARG).
- Mahiri, I.O.The Environmental Knowledge Frontier: Transect Walks with Experts and Villagers. School of Development Studies, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK. Annual Conference of Development Studies Association (DSA).14th to 16th September 1997. Department for International Development (DfID), UK.
- Mahiri, I.O.The dynamics of fuelwood demand and environmental/land management in rural Kenya: The case of Nyando Division, Kisumu District, Kenya University of Birmingham, City of Birmingham, UK. International Conference titled, Contested Terrain: Forestry Institutions and Management,21st to 24th April 1996.University of Durham, UK.
Last Updated on Thursday, 01 December 2016 09:23