Name:Dr. Peter Wafula Wekesa
Department:History, Archeology and Political Studies
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 , 00100 Nairobi
Tel.: (Office) 254-02- 8711622/ 8712722/8710901 Ext. 57320
Fax: (Office) 254-02-8711575/ 8711242
Download Full CV
- 2013: Completed a Certificate course on Teaching Methodology administered by the Centre of Teaching Excellence and Evaluation at Kenyatta University.
- 2013: Completed an Advanced Research Certificate on Issues Peace, Security and Reconstruction in the Great Lakes, CODESRIA, Dakar Senegal.
Major Research Reports and Modules
- 2012: History Module title: International Relations, Introductory Notes on the Philosophies and Theories . Submitted to: Department of History and Political Studies, Kenyatta University.
- 2007: History Module title: World Economic Systems Submitted to: Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University
- 2007: Research Report title: History of Community Relations Across the Kenya-Uganda Border Submitted to: SEPHIS Netherlands being a product of the SEPHIS South-South Research competition.
- 2007: Research Report Title: Border Community Relations in East Africa Submitted to: IRD France being a product of the PhD research Competition.
- 2006: History Module title: Themes in African History Submitted to: Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University
- 2005 Report title: “From Noise to Voices of Resistance: Music and the Women ‘Mitumba traders in Nairobi” Submitted to: OSSREA, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia being a product of the OSSREA GENDER RESEARCH COMPETITION
Workshops and Seminars
- September 24-25, 2014 International workshop on Petroleum, nationalism and geopolitical issues, Paris France.
- August 2014, Participated in the curriculum Review of the History., Archeology and political Studies Courses at KUCC, Nairobi.
- 15th-18th July 2013, Participated in Training Workshop for KU staff on Teaching Methodologies Conducted by the Centre for Teaching excellence and Evaluation, Business Centre, KU.
Presentation of Papers
- June 19-21, 2014- Conference on Refugees and IDPs in KU. I presented the paper titled “Borders, conflicts and the refugee question in the Great Lakes Region: Historical and contemporary perspectives”.
- September 8-11, 2010 Attended an international workshop at the University of Basel, Switzerland on ‘Cross Border Trade in Africa”, I presented a paper titled “Magendo, Economic Ingenuity and the Paradoxes of Inter-state Relations on the Kenya-Uganda Border, 1966-1980”