Area of specialization
- Public Health, Medical Sociology and Socio-cultural dimensions of health
- Research Methods
- Gender, development and Population studies
- Adolescent health and sexuality
- Socio-cultural aspects of male circumcision
- Gender and socio-cultural aspects of malaria
- Social-cultural aspects and health services research
- Livelihoods and rural development
- Urban informal sector workers
- Child labour, OVCs and health
- Ahlberg Beth Maina, Kamau Anne, Maina Faith and Kulane Asli (2009). Multiple Discourses on Sexuality Implications for Translating Sexual Wellness Concept into Action Strategies in a Kenyan Context. African Sociological Review Volume 13(1):105-123.
- Jacob Oduor, Anne Kamau and Evan Mathenge (2009). Evaluating the impact of microfranchising the distribution of anti-malarial drugs in Kenya on malaria mortality and morbidity. Journal of Development Effectiveness 2009; 1(3): 353 – 377.
- Impio Jussi, Mokeira Masita-Mwangi, Paul Kamau, Anne Kamau, and John Njoka (2009). Merry Go Round: A study of Informal Self-Help Groups in Kenya. Nokia Research Centre - Africa, Nairobi.
- Kamau Anne (2009). Policy Influence on adolescents on adolescent’s access and use of preventive reproductive health services in Central Kenya”. Paper published in “Integrating HIV/AIDS and Sexual and Reproductive Health: Policy Implications”. Kenyatta University, Department of Public Health.
- Kamau Anne (2007). The owners of the body are not involved: examining adolescents’ access, provision and use of preventive reproductive health services in Central Kenya. VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, Saarbrücken, Germany. ISBN: 978-3-8364-2494-3.
Conference and Workshops
- Fostering Objectivity in Banking & Financial Services: 1st Annual KBA Banking Research Conference, Nairobi,17th - 18th Sept 2012. Presented paper: whose reputation is critical for agency banking? Is it that of the agent or that of the principle bank?
- 1st National Biennial HIV and AIDS Conference – Nairobi, May 17-20, 2011. Presented abstract: Involvement of Faith-Based Organizations in Adolescent Boys’ Male Circumcision and Sexuality Programs in Kenya.
- Institute of Social Research (ISR), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, 13th August 2008. Presented paper: "Evaluating the Impact of Micro-Franchising the Distribution of Anti-Malarial Drugs in Kenya on Malaria Mortality and Morbidity".
- 4th African Conference on Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research (SAHARA) and UNESCO/UNISOL, Kisumu, Kenya, 29 April – 4 May 2007. Presented paper: “Circumcision-related sexual practices among adolescent boys in Central Kenya and emerging efforts to reduce exposure to HIV/AIDS”.