Research And Publications
- Mwaeke, P. & Ombaka, D. (2017). Public perceptions of the social costs of crime in Nairobi, Kenya. Journal of Social Science and Humanities, Vol. 4, Issue 11, pp. 110-147. ISSN 2278-859X
- Ombaka, D.M. (2017). At Kenyatta University, women speak better and men write better. International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1-11. ISSN 2313-3759.
- Cheruiyot, D., Wangaruro, J. & Ombaka, D.M. (2016). Influence of constituency development fund on education and health in Samburu West constituency, Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, Vol 6, No. 8, pp. 263-268. ISSN 2220-8488.
- Ombaka, D.M. (2015b). The ideological foundations of authoritarian school governance in Kenya: Some evidence from a 1999 study of university undergraduates. International Interdisciplinary Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp 1-17. ISSN 2200-9833
- Ombaka, D.M. (2015). Explaining Kenya’s insecurity: The weak state, corruption, banditry and terrorism.International Journal of Liberal Arts and Social Science. Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 11-26. ISSN 2307-924X
- Ombaka, D.M. (2014). Of Kenya’s eaters and eatists: Hunger as a development and social justice challenge. Journal of Social Welfare and Human Rights, 2 (1), pp. 107-129. ISSN 2333-5920 (print) 2333-5939 (online).
- Ombaka, D.M. (2013, c). Christians and the 2010 constitution referendum in Kenya: A search for explanations from a retrospective study. International Journal of Arts and Commerce, Vol. 2, No.5, May 2013, pp 146-158. ISSN 1927-7106.
- Ombaka, D.M. (2013, b). Education and civic engagement in Kenya: Evidence from a study of undergraduate university students. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, Vol.3, No. 8, Special Issue, April 2013, ISSN 2220-8488 (print), 2221-0989 (online).
- Ombaka, D.M. (2013, a). The arts and the sciences and the shaping of political orientations in Kenya: Evidence from university undergraduates. International Journal of Education and Research, Vol.1, No. 4 April, pp 105-126 ISSN 2201-6333 (print), 2201-6740 (online).
- Ombaka, D.M. (2010). Education and democratization in Kenya: The political socialization of undergraduate university students. Saarbruken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing AG & Co. KG. ISBN: 978-3-8383-9388-9.
- Ombaka, D.M. (2008). Risk-free education and some of its consequences in Kenya. Sanna, P., Otiende,J.E., Aseka, E.M., Mburu, J.N., Kiio, M. & Koech, J. (eds). Education and reality: Reflections on Luigi Giussani’s book The risk of education.Nairobi:Foundazioni AVSI & Kenyatta University.ISBN: 9966-7333-0-2.
- Ombaka, D.M. (2004). Politics, law and development. Muia, D.M. & Otiende, J.E. (eds). Introduction to development studies for Africa. Nairobi: Acacia. ISBN 9966-917-35-7
- Ombaka, D.M. (2004). The role of science and technology in development. Muia, D.M. & Otiende, J.E.(eds).Introduction to development studies for Africa. Nairobi:Acacia.ISBN: 9966-917-35-7.
- Ombaka, D.M. (2001). Education and democracy in Kenya: Politics and myths. Otiende, J.E. & Njoroge,G.K (eds). Education, gender and democracy in Kenya.Nairobi: Quest & Insight in association with Friends of the Book Foundation.ISBN 9966-925-15-5
- Ombaka, D.M. (1997). Retrenchment and the prospects for enhanced human rights in Kenya in the era of economic reform in the 1990s. The Independent Review, 1 (2), pp 192-197.
- Ombaka, D.M. (1994). Education and democracy in Kenya: Politics and myths. Basic Education Forum,4, pp 27-32.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 November 2017 11:53