Dr. Kipruto Tuitoek
Area of Specialization
- Police Administration and management
- Policing in Society
- Community Policing
- Methods of Detecting Crime and Social Inquiry (Research)
- Criminal Justice
- Crime and Deciance
- Social Change and Development
- Criminological Theories
- Victimology, Penology
- Correctional and Rehabilitative Systems
- Gender and Crime
- Crime and Public policy
- Information Technology and Crime
- Crime Culture and Society
- Community Based Corrections
- Crime Preventions Programmes.
Research and publication
- ‘Role of Small Arms in Cattle Rustling: A Case Study of North Rift area of Rift Valley Province, Kenya.’
- ‘Perception of Administration Police on Community Policing. A case Study of Nairobi, Kenya’.
- ‘Community Policing in East Africa’
- ‘A Criminological Analysis of Violent Crimes in Kenya’.
- ‘Accountability in Policing: A Two Dimensional Analysis’.
- ‘Police Management in Relation to Crime Control’.
- ‘Policing in Society. A Case Study of Rift Valley Province’.
- Have authored 15 teaching modules namely: Introduction to criminal justice; criminal justice policies, criminal law and justice, social problems and deviance, contemporary issues in policing, correctional and rehabilitative systems, penology, juvenile delinquency and justice, community-based corrections and crime prevention programs, crime and public policy, police administration, policing and society, theories of crime, introduction to criminology, and counseling.
- Currently working out a textbook in criminology for use in institutions of higher learning in Kenya and beyond.