Recent Conference Presentations
Title/Qualifications: B/Ed (Arts), MA (KU) PhD Kenyatta University
Area of Specialization: Phonology and Child Language
Area of Specialization:
- 2013 - Up to Date: Kenyatta University-Department of Philosophy and Religious studies
- 2013 - 2007 - Lecturer- Kenya Methodist University – Faculty of Education and Social Sciences
- 2006 - Project Officer (Civic & Environmental Education) At the Green Belt Movement of Kenya- Nairobi.
- 2005 -2004
- Part-time Lecturer: University of Nairobi of Guidance and Counseling- (Faculty of Extra Mural Studies) – Central Division.
- Part-time Lecturer: Servants of the sick training Centre at an NGO Institute, Harlingham, Nairobi
- External Examiner: St. Paul’s United Theological College (Now University) in Limuru , Kenya .
- Part-time Lecturer: Catholic University of East Africa- Faculty of Philosophy and Religious Studies (PRS), and Social Education and Ethics (SEE)
- Adjunct Lecturer at Camillian’s College, Nairobi lecturing in Introduction to Psychology.
- 2002 – 2001- Lectured in Philosophy and Religious Studies at Christ the King Major Seminary, Nyeri.
- 1992-1991 - Lectured in Philosophy and Religious studies at Christ the King Major Seminary, Nyeri.
Appointments in the Department of Philosophy
- Appointment as Examination Coordinator in department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Appointment as the Departmental representative to COEP- 10th July 2018.
- Appointment to the School Website Committee- 22nd March 2017
- Appointment to the Departmental Meeting Minute Secretary- 4th November 2016
- Appointment as an Assistant Examination Coordinator - 4th November 2016
- Appointment to the Examination Results verification Committee - 4th November 2016
- Appointment as a Departmental Timetabler - 4th November 2016
- Appointment to the Committee of Strategic Planning- 29th October 2016
- Appointment to the Departmental Quality Team - 29th October 2016
- Flagship Research Proposals in Department-3rd October 2014
- Apointment to the Strategic Plan Review Committee - 2nd October 2014
- Appointment as the New Departmental Timetabler and Coordinator of the Syllabus coverage activity- 8th December 2014
Other administrative positions Held
- Member of Management Board of Kenversity Housing Society.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Articles in Referred Journals
- Caroline Kithinji, David O. Okelo & Colomba Muriungi: A History Of Social Exclusion And Poverty Of The Thagichu Of Igembe Sub-County, Meru County From 1907 To 1962, International Journal Of Innovative Research & Development 2016, Vol. 5 Issue 9,Pp. 161-173. Issn:2278-0211.
- Caroline Kithinji, David O. Okelo & Colomba Muriungi: Precolonial History of the Thagichu. International Journal of Education and Research. Vol. 4, No. 8 2016.Pp. 190-202. ISSN: 2411-5681
- T.O. Arudo & David O. Okelo: “Causes Of Maladies In African Societies” Journal Of Social Sciences No. 8, 2004
- David O. Okelo: “Preliminary Investigations In Lake Magadi Basin “Nyame Akuma, 2003,
- David O. Okelo: “Paleonvironmental Charges On Northern Swahili Coast” Mvita Journal, 1998.W.W.W Museums.Or.Ke
Articles in Conference Papers
- David O. Okelo: Conservation of Coastal Environment – Joint Research of KU and IRD of France.
- David O. Okelo: “Cultural Heritage Management in Kenya: Policies and Practice” Ph.D Research.
- David O. Okelo: Heritage Management; Memorialisation Of Heroes And Heroines: The Case Of Koitalel Mausoleum
- David O. Okelo: Thimlich Ohinga: The Forgetten Enigma Of Kenya’s Bult Historic And Cultural Heritage
- David O. Okelo: Remote Sensing In Archaeology: Paleo-Environment And Paleo-Geography Reconstruction Of Heritage Sites
- David O. Okelo: Aspects Of Archeological Evidence Regarding Diet on Northern Swahili Coast, 8th – 17th Century’s A.D – M.A Research, 1996.
- David O. Okelo: Socio-Economic Factors and Hiv/Aids Prevelance in Nyanza – Map International 1995.
- David O. Okelo: Human Response To Environmental Change [Hrec] Research At The Coast,
- 2012: Okelo & Christian Thibon: Management And Conservation Of The Fortified Historical And Cultural Heritage Sites In The Lake Victoria Basin, Kenya
Chapters in Book(s)
- 2015 David Okelo et al: Thimlich Ohinga Cultural Landscape (No. 1450) 2014 Date Of Icomos Approval Of This Report 12 March 2015
- 2013 David Okelo “Electronic Voting In The 2013 Kenya” in Kenya's Past As Prologue. Voters, Violence And The 2013 General Election Edited By Christian Thibon, Marie-Aude Fouéré, Mildred Ndeda & Susan Mwangi
Participation in Workshops/Conferences
- Attended workshop on Public Procurement and Asset Disposal ACT, 2015: Kenya Institute of Supplies Management, 28th June, 2016
- Attended workshop on Public Procurement and Asset Disposal ACT, 2015: Kenya Institute of Supplies Management, 27th June, 2016
- Attended workshop on Climate Change In Africa And The Indian Ocean- University Of Nairobi 9th June , 2015
- Attended a Stakeholders’ Workshop On Heritage Legislation: 15th May 2015-Nairobi National Museum, Louis Leakey Auditorium
- Attended a workshop on IFRA-Nairobi-The 50th Anniversary Of African Independences: Marginalized, Forgotten, And Revived Political Actors 2015
- Attended a Science Caféat Alliance Française De Nairobi From 6.30pm Ground Floor Galllery Free Entrance in 2015
- Attended a workshop on National Museums Of Kenya, Shimoni Slavery Museum, Mombasa, Kenya Catholic University Of Eastern Africa, Nairobi, Kenya October 2014
- Attended a Training Course « Managing Heritage In The Context Of Devolution In East Africa Nairobi, April 24, 2014
- Attended a workshop on “Understanding Oneself and the others: New Domestic and International Tourism Practices and The Promotion of Heritage and Tourism in East Africa. Nairobi, June 13th, 2014
- Attended a workshop on Understanding Oneself and the others: New Domestic and International Tourism Practices and the Promotion of Heritage and Tourism in East Africa. 16—17 July 2014/Le 16-17 Juillet 2014 Hall Louis Leakey Auditorium, Nmk Lieu: Salle Louis Leakey, Nmk.
- Attended a workshop on African Independences And Pan-Africanism: Roots Achievements Challenges 25/09 2013-Alliance Française De Nairobi From 6.30pm Ground Floor Gallery
- Attended a workshop on the Politics Of Heritage In Museums Thursday, November 22nd 2013 - French Institute For Research In Africa ;A Short Report Of The Workshop .Workshop Organized By: Institute Français De Recherche En Afrique, Nairobi (Ifra-Nairobi)
- Attended a workshop on Theme: Thirty Years On: Reflections And Retrospections On Southern African Archaeology Since 1983 July 2013 To Be Held At University Of Botswana, Gaborone
- Attended workshop on Politics as Culture in Eastern Africa: Nation-Building, Neo-Liberalism and Moral Rhetoric June 2012 Seminar - Save the Date! Thursday 14, June 2012-British Institute In Eastern Africa (BIEA)
- Attended a workshop on Natural Protected Areas And Dynamics Of Pastoralist Heritage In Marsabit Greater Ecosystem (Northern Kenya) : Proceedings From 7th To 9th November 2012 IFRA- French Institute For Research In Africa
- Attended a workshop on Domestic Tourism In Kenya: Building The National Territory And National Cohesion IFRA/BIEA Conference Room 10am - 1pm / Friday 20h July 2012
- Attended a workshop on Natural Protected Areas And Dynamics Of Pastoralist Heritage In Marsabit Greater Ecosystem (Northern Kenya) From 7th To 9th November 2012,Ifra- French Institute For Research In Africa Laikipia Road, Kileleswa, Nairobi
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- “Managing Heritage in the Context of Devolution in East Africa”- Held At IFRA Nairobi on May 08 and 09, 2014.
- Opportunities And Challenges To Expand The Economic , Cultural And Political Relation Between South Africa And Kenya And The Discussion On South Africa Business And Related Investment In Kenya Presented In South Africa October 2014
- Managing Heritage In The Context Of Devolution In East Africa Programme: 8-9 May 2014-Venue: Ifra, Nairobi, Kenya
- David Okelo Otieno (Kenyatta University, Kenya) :Electronic Voting In The 2013 Kenya Elections- Pau, 22 November 2013
- Patrimoine Colonial Et Réappropriations» / « Colonial Heritage and Reappropriation» 30 Mai 2012 (14h00-17h00) Salle 638, Bat. Le France, 190 Ave De France, 75013, Paris
- Les Intraduisibles Du Patrimoine (“Untranslatable Aspects Of Cultural Heritage”), Organized By The French Ministry Of Foreign Affairs And The Ministry Of Culture And Francophonie Of Senegal In Partnership With Acalan, Will Take Place In Dakar From 21 To 23 June 2012.
- The Politics Of Heritage In Museums Thursday, November 22nd - French Institute For Research In Africa Thursday, November 22nd French Institute For Research In Africa (Ifra)
- Managing Heritage In The Context Of Devolution In East Africa
- Paleo-Environments And Paleo-Geography Reconstruction Of Heritage Sites.-China Beijing -24-26 October , 2012
- Thimlich Ohinga: Cultural Heritage Landscape Of The Lake Victoria Basin, Kenya. David Okelo Otieno- Uppa, France.
- 4th International Conference On Remote Sensing In Archaeology Theme: Paleo-Environment And Paleo-Geography Reconstruction Of Heritage Sites
- “Conservation Of Art And Craft In Kenya Societies” In Series Of Built Heritage In Africa, 1996
Convening and Coordinating Conferences
- Prospecting Mission of Thimlich Ohinga Site 5th – 9th February 2011. IFRA Nairobi Kenya’s Archeological And Cultural Heritage Site Around Lake Victoria 7th-8th May 2012, Kisumu
- Prospecting Mission Of Thimlich Ohinga Site 5th – 9th February 2011. IFRA Nairobi Kenya’s Archeological And Cultural Heritage Site Around Lake Victoria 7th-8th May 2012, Kisumu
- "Kenya's Archeological And Cultural Heritage Sites Around Lake Victoria", British Institute Of East Africa (BIEA) And The French Institute For Research
- Maingi. L. (2020). Relationship Between Substance Use and Victimization to Intimate Partner Violence Among Men in Nyeri County, Kenya. African Journal of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (AJADA) Vol. 4. December 2020. ISSN Online 2664-0066; ISSN Print 2664-0058.
- Mac’oduol, I., Thigiti, J. & Maingi.L. (2020). Blood Pressure Parameters and the Development of Congestive Heart Failure among Hypertensive patients in Kiambu County Hospital, Kenya. The East and Central Africa Medical Journal. Vol.4. No. 1 (6-10). ISSN 2663 -1059 (online) https://journal.ku.ac.ke/index.php/ecamj/article/view/174
- Wanjohi, G. & Maingi, L. (July, 2020) Caregivers’ Perceptions of Compassion Ability Among Paediatric Healthcare Providers in Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research. Vol. 8. No.7: 1-14. ISSN: 2411-5681 http://www.ijern.com/journal/2020/July-2020/01.pdf
- Maingi L., Kathungu, B. & Wasanga C. (2017). Relationship between Harsh Physical Disciplining during Childhood and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. International Journal of Science, Arts and Commerce (IJSAC) Vol. 2 No.3
- Maingi-Ngunjiri Lydiah. (2016). Career Choice Certainty: Implications for Career Counseling. Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-3-659-89177-9
- Maingi L. & Wasanga C.2012). Factors affecting Career Certainty among University students. Kenyan Journal of Guidance, Counseling and Psychology. Vol. 1 ISSN 2226-0552
- Maingi, L. (2020). Teaching Interactive Module: Psychology of Health, Stress and Coping: Digital School of Virtual and Open Learning
- Maingi, L. (2020). Teaching Interactive Module: Measurement and Evaluation of Counseling Interventions. Digital School of Virtual and Open Learning
- Maingi-Ngunjiri, L. (2017). Teaching Module: Child Psychology. A Module for E-learning. Nairobi. Kenyatta University Press.
- Maingi-Ngunjiri, L. (2017). Teaching Module: Behaviour Modification. A Module for E-learning. Nairobi. Kenyatta University Press.
- Maingi-Ngunjiri, L. (2017). Teaching Module: Introduction to Counselling Psychology. A Module for E-learning. Nairobi. Kenyatta University Press.
- Francis and Lydiah. (2008). A hand-book for your Marriage: A marital guide for the youth, marriage counselors and parents. Kijabe Printing press. Nairobi
- Maingi-Ngunjiri Lydiah. (2016). Relationship between Selected Childhood Parental Factors and Victimization to Intimate Partner Violence among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. PhD Thesis.
- Maingi, L. (2007). Certainty In Career Choice Among Kenyatta University Students:Implications For Career Counselling. M.A. Project report.
- Maingi, L., Mathai, M., Warutere, P. and Farquhar, C. 2019. Prevalence and Risk Factors for Compassion Fatigue Among Pediatric Health Care Providers in Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi. Kenya. Paper Presented in AFREhealth 2019 Conference in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Maingi, L. 2019. Relationship between Substance use and Victimization to Intimate Partner Violence among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. Paper presented at the 45th Annual Alcohol Epidemiology Symposium of the Kentil Bruun Society (KBS 2019). Utretcht, Netherlands.
- Maingi L., Wasanga C., Kathungu B., Wamalwa D. 2018. Relationship between Exposure to Parental Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and Adult Victimization to Intimate Partner Violence in among men in Nyeri County, Kenya. Paper presented Annual D43 Networking Conference AFREhealth, 2018 on 4TH August 2018 Durban, South Africa.
- Maingi Lydiah W. (2012). The psychological effects of Gender based Violence against men. Paper presented at the Gender Conference on 1-3rd August 2012
- April 2019: Effects of Child Victimization on Self Esteem. DWB Community Chapel Change Camp. “Empower a Kenyan Girl”
- November, 2016. Health Effects of Negative Emotions in Women. Workshop held at Deliverance Church Donholm Women Conference 11-12th November. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHN-fsRnTzo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxZDKZ7LLo
- 21st August 2020: Teen Pregnancies Stigma and Family Support Issues. Presentation done DWB webinar
- July 2020 Deliverance Church Kasarani – Zimmerman Couples Aglow Live Online Seminar On Saturday Topic: Creating Balance in Marriage/Family https://web.facebook.com/273964419433448/videos/638286520365478
- 31st March 2020. Mental Health in Relation to COVID- 19. Kenyatta University TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdEaWMZH9dE&feature=youtu.be
- 13th April 2020. Loss and Grief associated with COVID-19. Kenyatta University TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TDNRrMkoOQ&feature=youtu.be